Quality Improvement Education
Education and training programs are conducted at various SEER registries and in conjunction with the annual meetings of national professional organizations. These trainings focus on problem areas identified from the quality control studies and cover any changes introduced in data collection procedures.
Education and Training Opportunities
- Web-based Self Instructional Training Modules
- National Educational Conferences
- NCRA – National Cancer Registrars Association
- NAACCR – North American Association of Central Cancer Registries
- SEER Advanced Topics for Registry Professionals
- Regional Educational Conferences
- International Educational Outreach
The Cancer Registrars Training page provides links to SEER and other training resources.
SEER Advanced Topics for Registry Professionals
This event is usually held in conjunction with the NCRA Annual meeting. The purpose is to provide advanced training in data collection and coding. Topics and materials are based on the educational needs in the cancer registry community. A Pre-Test completed by registrants prior to attending is often used to assess educational needs. The training specifically targets the educational needs identified in the pre-test.
The SEER registries are required to send representatives to the annual event and participants are responsible for distributing information from the training to all appropriate personnel at their individual registries.
Collaborations and Committee Activities
- American Joint Committee on Cancer (AJCC)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) National Program of Cancer Registries (NPCR)
- American College of Surgeons (ACS) Commission on Cancer (CoC)
- International Association of Cancer Registries (IACR)
- North American Association of Central Cancer Registries, Inc. (NAACCR, Inc.)
- National Cancer Registrars Association (NCRA)