SEER 2014 Training Assessment for TNM Staging
The study is now closed. Thank you to everyone who participated.
The SEER 2014 Training Assessment for TNM Staging is a study that aims to:
- Provide information on training needs.
- Provide a baseline to evaluate the effectiveness of training materials that are developed.
- Collect data to evaluate the impact of TNM staging on incidence trends over time.
Completion of the study will require the review and assignment of T, N and M of 10 regular cases which include female breast, colon, prostate, lung and ovary tumors. There will be an option to complete additional 10 cases. In addition to Continuing Education credits, participants in this activity will have an opportunity to view the preferred answers as given by an expert panel. You will be notified when the study results become available online.
Note that since the objectives of this study are to determine training needs and not designed as a test for accuracy of stage assignment, individual study results will remain confidential and not released to NCI-SEER staff or registry managers. Study results will be de-identified before analysis.
Now is the time to recruit facility reporters and your registry staff to participate. All participants will be using the new upgraded version of the SEER Reliability software and so all participants will need to create a new account. To create a new account please follow the Create An Account link on the SEER reliability studies sign-in page.
Your participation is important for helping us assess the training needs for TNM staging and therefore, while participation is voluntary, we strongly encourage you to participate in this study. Free CEUs will be awarded for the review and assignment of TNM to 10 cases with an option to complete 10 additional cases. All registrars in the US and Canada are invited to participate.
Creating an Account on SEER*Reliability
- Go to http://reliability.seer.cancer.gov. You will get the Login page.
- Click on "Create an account". You will get the account information page. All of the information on this page is required: Email, Password, First Name, Last Name, and Phone Number.
- Once you fill in the information click on the Create account button. It will send an email to the address you entered for you to activate your account.
- Click on the link in the email to go to your new account. The log-in page will open. Then log in!