SEER*Stat Learning Institute at APHA 2014
A short course offered by the Learning Institute of the 142nd Annual Meeting of the American Public Health Association
Pre-Conference LI Fee: $350
LI1008.0: SEER*Stat - A Software Tool for Studying the Impact of Cancer on a Population
Day 1 Basic Information
Saturday, November 15, 2014; 9:00am-5:00pm
LI2008.0: SEER*Stat - A Software Tool for Studying the Impact of Cancer on a Population
Day 2 Advanced Information
Sunday, November 16, 2014; 8:00am-5:30pm
NCI experts will demonstrate how to use the SEER*Stat statistical software to analyze cancer surveillance data. Data produced by SEER*Stat are used to: (1) conduct cancer prevention and control studies; (2) conduct research in health disparities; (3) prioritize cancer control efforts; and (4) monitor progress, for the purpose of reducing the burden of cancer on the U.S. population.
The course will:
- Introduce basic and advanced statistical topics in the analysis of cancer registry data.
- Provide an overview of the Health Disparities Calculator (HD*Calc) and eleven health disparities measures.
- Cover case listings, frequencies, rates, and county attributes handled within the software.
- Allow participants to examine trends in rates using the SEER*Stat and Joinpoint software.
- Allow participants to calculate trend analysis, prevalence, survival, and multiple-primary standardized incidence ratio statistics.
Steve Scoppa, Donald Green, Martin Krapcho
Senior Systems Analysts, Information Management Services
Presented by NCI’s Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results (SEER) Program
How to Register
APHA 2014 Annual Meeting and Learning Institute registration: http://www.apha.org/meetings/registration/.
Learning Institute Course descriptions and fees: www.apha.org/meetings/highlights/LearningInstitutes.