State Cancer Profiles
The State Cancer Profiles website is a comprehensive system of interactive maps and graphs enabling the investigation of cancer trends at the national, state, and county level. The goal of the site is to provide statistics to help guide and prioritize cancer control activities at the state and local levels. It is a collaboration between the NCI and the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC).
The site provides:
- Interactive Maps - Provides a visualization of the geographic distribution of cancer mortality and incidence.
- Historical Trends - Explore trends in cancer rates for geographic areas and for demographic subgroups.
- Death & Incidence Rates - Statistics to assess the burden and risk of a major cancer site for the U.S. overall or for a selected state and its counties.
- Rate/Trend Comparisons - Compare cancer rate changes between a county of a state and the entire state or between a state and the U.S.
- Screening & Risk Factor Tables - Shows data at the state level (and in some cases county), related to a number of screening and risk factors associated with cancer.
- Demographic Data Tables - Provides state- and county-level Census data useful for cancer control planning.