Training for the Multiple Primary and Histology Coding Rules
Web-based cancer registrar education is available on the SEER training Web site. Multiple primary and histology issues are covered in several modules, and continuing education units can be requested from the National Cancer Registrars Association. The rules are available in a stand-alone electronic manual and also in the 2007 SEER Coding and Staging Manual.
Basic MP/H Training Materials
Presentation materials are provided below in both MS Power Point and PDF formats.
- The Problem and Why New Rules are Needed [PPT - 1.4 MB) (PDF - 407 KB]
- General Instructions [PPT - 864 KB) (PDF - 273 KB]
- Format of the Rules [PPT - 1.8 MB) (PDF - 468 KB]
- Head and Neck [PPT - 1.6 MB) (PDF - 348 KB]
- Colon [PPT - 1 MB) (PDF - 291 KB]
- Lung [PPT - 1.2 MB) (PDF - 349 KB]
- Melanoma of the Skin [PPT - 859 KB) (PDF - 274 KB]
- Breast [PPT - 2.1 MB) (PDF - 401 KB]
- Kidney [PPT - 1.6 MB) (PDF - 339 KB]
- Urinary [PPT - 881 KB) (PDF - 331 KB]
- Brain [PPT- 1 MB) (PDF - 291 KB]
- Other Sites [PPT - 1.2 MB) (PDF - 333 KB]
- New Data Items [PPT - 880 KB) (PDF - 277 KB]
Additional Questions & Cases
- August 2008 Quality Improvement Meeting [PDF - 186 KB]
Training Web Casts
Recorded training Web casts are available for viewing and provide another option for mass training of registrars who cannot attend an in-person workshop.