The specialized databases have not been updated for the most recent SEER data release, which includes data from the November 2019 data submission. We are still accepting requests for the databases from the previous submission.
The SEER 9, 13, 18, and 21 delay research databases do not include individual registry identifiers. However, the databases that contain individual registry identifiers are released as specialized databases because cautions are necessary in using estimates for small populations which may be unstable or biased. A data use agreement is necessary for the user to acknowledge that he or she has read and understood the cautions involved in using these databases.
For the background and methodology, see Cancer Incidence Rates Adjusted for Reporting Delay.
The databases are available in the rate sessions in SEER*Stat for the November 2018 data submission.
How to Access the Delay Databases
In order to access the custom database, you must already have access to SEER research data through SEER*Stat in client-server mode.
- If you do not have access to SEER data in client-server mode, first request Access to the SEER data.
- If you already have access, send an email to email@example.com to request access to the delay databases.
- Include your SEER*Stat username.
- Add a brief description of your project and research goals in the email, including the types of analyses or statistics you will use.
- Attach the signed Data Use Agreement for Delay Databases with Individual Registry Identifiers (PDF, 103 KB)