The Specialized Oncotype DX Database is not currently available for request. SEER is developing a user authentication and authorization process. Before this process is completed, new requests will not be accepted.
This database includes Oncotype DX® related variables for invasive breast cancer (IBC) cases diagnosed between 2004 and 2015. While it still only contains cases diagnosed through 2015, the November 2018 submission version of this database has follow-up through the end of 2016. These variables are obtained through linkage of all IBC diagnosed in SEER registries (excluding Alaska Native Tumor Registry) to Oncotype DX test orders and results provided by Genomic Health Clinical Laboratory. The Oncotype DX variables are appended to the SEER Research Data file which contains all IBC cases diagnosed between 2004 and 2015 and thus, includes cases for which Oncotype DX was not clinically indicated.
The database is available in the rate, frequency, survival, left-truncated survival, and case listing sessions in SEER*Stat for the November 2018 data submission.
How to Access the Oncotype DX Database
In order to access the custom database, you must already have access to SEER research data through SEER*Stat in client-server mode. This database is only available to researchers inside the U.S.
- If you do not have access to SEER data in client-server mode, first request Access to the SEER data.
- If you already have access, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to the Oncotype DX Database.
- Include your SEER*Stat username.
- Since access to the Oncotype DX Database includes treatment data, a Data Use Agreement for SEER Radiation Therapy and Chemotherapy Information is required regardless of whether you intend to use treatment fields. If you have not already completed this DUA for the current submission, please complete and return it by email.
- Add a brief description of your project and research goals in the email, including the types of analyses or statistics you will use, including how you would use treatment data, if you intend to use it.
- Additionally, if you require access to the standard radiation/chemotherapy databases, please include this request in your email.
Variables Included in this Database
All variables are linked variables provided by Genomic Health except 'Oncotype DX months since diagnosis', which is a calculated variable.
|Variable Name in SEER*Stat||Values||Definition|
|Oncotype DX Breast Recurrence Score||0 to 100||Recurrence Score provided by Genomic Health|
|Oncotype DX RS group (RS < 18, RS 18-30, RS > 30)||
||Based on the Recurrence Score categorized in 3 risk groups: low-RS<18; intermediate- RS 18-30; high - RS>30|
|Oncotype DX reason no score linked||
Mutually exclusive with 'Oncotype DX Breast Recurrence Score' and 'Oncotype DX RS group (RS < 18, RS 18-30, RS > 30)' and created to capture test orders for which result was not provided through linkage.
|Oncotype DX year of test report||2004+||The year in which the test was reported|
|Oncotype DX month of test report||January-December||The month in which the test was reported|
|Oncotype DX months since diagnosis||1+||Calculated variable based on the difference between report month/year and diagnosis month/year|