SEER Self Instructional Manuals for Tumor Registrars
The instructional manuals provided below for download are very large files. They are available in both PDF and ZIP formats. If you experience problems downloading any of the files, you may order the manuals on CD-ROM.
- Book 1 - Objectives and Functions of a Tumor Registry (1999)
[PDF -9.3MB] [ZIP - 8.6MB]
Describes the functions, objectives, activities required to run a tumor registry, and the various portions of a registry (e.g. describes the various record systems required to run a registry accession file, case file, follow-up cards).
- Book 2 - Cancer Characteristics and Selection of Cases (1991)
[PDF- 2.3MB] [ZIP - 2.0MB]
Provides instruction in the terminology associated with cancer. Includes a brief description of the natural history of the major cancer types. Introduces the use of ICD-O.
- Book 3 - Tumor Registrar Vocabulary: The Composition of Medical Terms (1992)
[PDF - 3.6MB] [ZIP - 3.1MB]
- Book 4 - Human Anatomy as Related to Tumor Formation (1995)
[PDF - 12.6MB] [ZIP - 11.5MB]
Introduction to human anatomy and neoplasm(s) associated with each body system.
- Book 5 - Abstracting Medical Record: Patient Identification, History, and Examinations (1993)
[PDF - 6.4MB] [ZIP - 5.8MB]
Describes the medical record, how to locate and record the information related to a cancer registry (abstract case information).
- Book 6 - Out of print, substitute: Summary Staging Guide (1977)
[PDF - 2.8MB] [Zip - 2.6MB]
- SEER Summary Staging Manual - 2000
- Book 7 - Statistics and Epidemiology for Cancer Registries (1994)
[PDF - 11.3MB] [Zip - 10.2MB]
Introduces the tumor registrar to the statistics required to run a registry: includes discussion of incidence, mortality, and survival.
- Book 8 - Antineoplastic Drugs (Third Edition, 1993)
See SEER*Rx - Interactive Antineoplastic Drugs Database, which was developed to replace Book 8 as an annually updated list of oncology drug and regimen treatment categories.
For historical purposes, Book 8 is provided:
[PDF - 6.2MB] [Zip - 5.8MB]
List of oncology agents (PDF) not listed in SEER Book 8.
Please send questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org