This is a past version of the SEER Cancer Statistics Review that includes statistics
from 1975 through 2016. If you would like to view the most recent version of the CSR, please visit the CSR Home Page.
Use the Browse the Tables and Figures section to access the statistics in HTML and comma-delimited formats.
On this page:
Contents in PDF
The files on this page are provided in PDF format to retain the specialized formatting for print, but may not be accessible to people using screen readers.
|Summary Figures & Tables
(Excerpts from Overview)
||Pages Grouped By Topic
- SEER Incidence, US Mortality, SEER Relative Survival
- SEER Incidence and US Mortality Trends
- SEER Incidence Trends by Race/Ethnicity (PDF, 63 KB)
- US Mortality Trends by Race/Ethnicity (PDF, 60 KB)
- US and SEER Death Rates by Race/Ethnicity (PDF, 24 KB)
- Historic US Mortality Trends, 1950+ (PDF, 20 KB)
- US Death Rates for Heart Disease and Cancer, 1975+ (PDF, 8 KB)
- Age Distribution at Diagnosis and Death (PDF, 49 KB)
- Age Distribution at Diagnosis (PDF, 49 KB)
- Median Age at Diagnosis and Death (PDF, 46 KB)
- Median Age at Diagnosis (PDF, 46 KB)
- Lifetime Risk of Being Diagnosed with Cancer (PDF, 70 KB)
- Lifetime Risk of Dying From Cancer (PDF, 65 KB)
- SEER Area Map (PDF, 248 KB)
- Estimated New Cancer Cases and Deaths for 2019 (PDF, 16 KB)
- Leading Causes of Death in the US (PDF, 7 KB)
- Burden vs. Risk (PDF, 18 KB)
- Years of Life Lost (PDF, 20 KB)
- US Prevalence Counts for 2016 (PDF, 43 KB)
- SEER Incidence and US Mortality Rates and Trends for the Top 15 Cancer Sites by Race/Ethnicity (PDF, 71 KB)
- Overview in a single PDF (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- All Cancer Sites (PDF, 452 KB)
- Brain and Other Nervous (PDF, 397 KB)
- Breast (PDF, 542 KB)
- Cervix Uteri (PDF, 281 KB)
- Colon and Rectum (PDF, 503 KB)
- Corpus Uteri (PDF, 271 KB)
- Esophagus (PDF, 403 KB)
- Hodgkin Lymphoma (PDF, 472 KB)
- Kaposi Sarcoma (PDF, 205 KB)
- Kidney and Renal Pelvis (PDF, 397 KB)
- Larynx (PDF, 401 KB)
- Leukemia (PDF, 506 KB)
- Liver and Bile Duct (PDF, 406 KB)
- Lung and Bronchus (PDF, 586 KB)
- Melanoma of the Skin (PDF, 398 KB)
- Mesothelioma (PDF, 151 KB)
- Myeloma (PDF, 392 KB)
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (PDF, 606 KB)
- Oral Cavity and Pharynx (PDF, 486 KB)
- Ovary (PDF, 294 KB)
- Pancreas (PDF, 406 KB)
- Prostate (PDF, 302 KB)
- Stomach (PDF, 417 KB)
- Testis (PDF, 276 KB)
- Thyroid (PDF, 413 KB)
- Urinary Bladder (PDF, 439 KB)
- Childhood Cancer (PDF, 224 KB)
- Childhood Cancer by the ICCC (PDF, 125 KB)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes (PDF, 29 KB)
- Benign Brain Tumors (PDF, 44 KB)
- Adolescent and Young Adult Cancer (PDF, 309 KB)
- Cause-Specific Survival (PDF, 93 KB)
- Soft Tissue Sarcomas (PDF, 31 KB)
- Annual SEER Delay-adjusted Incidence, SEER Incidence and US Death Rates (PDF, 944 KB)
- Cancer Prevalence (PDF, 344 KB)
- Death Rates by State (PDF, 2.8 MB)
- Delay Adjusted Incidence Trends (PDF, 1.7 MB)
- Incidence & Mortality by Race/Ethnicity (PDF, 827 KB)
- Lifetime Risk (PDF, 858 KB)
- Relative Survival Rates by Year of Diagnosis (PDF, 794 KB)
- 5-year Survival Rates (PDF, 484 KB)
- Counts/Percents by Histologic Group (PDF, 192 KB)
||Tables showing case counts for Kaposi Sarcoma and Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma by year groups had the columns 2012-2013 and 2014-2016 incorrectly labelled as 2012-2014 and 2015-2106. The column headers have been corrected.
||Table showing annual childhood incidence rates had several values in the wrong year columns. The table has been updated.
||Table 28-2 (PDF, 12 KB).
||Table showing site distribution of sarcomas by cancer site was not updated to reflect the 2012-2016 estimates. The table has been updated.
||Table 34-2 (PDF, 10 KB).
||The graph for Lung cancer on this page did not include the Joinpoint regression line for Blacks. The figure and table presenting the estimates has been updated.
||Figure 1-16 (PDF, 9 KB).
Howlader N, Noone AM, Krapcho M, Miller D, Brest A, Yu M, Ruhl J, Tatalovich Z, Mariotto A, Lewis DR, Chen HS, Feuer EJ, Cronin KA (eds). SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975-2016, National Cancer Institute. Bethesda, MD, https://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975_2016/, based on November 2018 SEER data submission, posted to the SEER web site, April 2019.
All material in this report is in the public domain and may be reproduced or copied without permission; citation as to source, however, is appreciated.
The information on this page is archived and provided for reference purposes only. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing information on this page may e-mail for assistance.