The instructional manuals provided below for download are very large files. They are available in both PDF and ZIP formats.
- Book 1 - Objectives and Functions of a Tumor Registry (1999)
[PDF (PDF, 9.1 MB) ] [ZIP (ZIP, 8.4 MB) ]
Describes the functions, objectives, activities required to run a tumor registry, and the various portions of a registry (e.g. describes the various record systems required to run a registry accession file, case file, follow-up cards).
- Book 2 - Cancer Characteristics and Selection of Cases (1991)
[PDF (PDF, 2.2 MB) ] [ZIP (ZIP, 1.9 MB) ]
Provides instruction in the terminology associated with cancer. Includes a brief description of the natural history of the major cancer types. Introduces the use of ICD-O.
- Book 3 - Tumor Registrar Vocabulary: The Composition of Medical Terms (1992)
[PDF (PDF, 3.5 MB) ] [ZIP (ZIP, 3.0 MB) ]
- Book 4 - Human Anatomy as Related to Tumor Formation (1995)
[PDF (PDF, 12.3 MB) ] [ZIP (ZIP, 11.2 MB) ]
Introduction to human anatomy and neoplasm(s) associated with each body system.
- Book 5 - Abstracting Medical Record: Patient Identification, History, and Examinations (1993)
[PDF (PDF, 6.3 MB) ] [ZIP (ZIP, 5.6 MB) ]
Describes the medical record, how to locate and record the information related to a cancer registry (abstract case information).
- Book 6 - Out of print, substitute: Summary Staging Guide (1977)
[PDF (PDF, 2.8 MB) ] [Zip (ZIP, 2.5 MB) ]
- Book 7 - Statistics and Epidemiology for Cancer Registries (1994)
[PDF (PDF, 11.1 MB) ] [Zip (ZIP, 10.0 MB) ]
Introduces the tumor registrar to the statistics required to run a registry: includes discussion of incidence, mortality, and survival.
- Book 8 - Antineoplastic Drugs (Third Edition, 1993)
See SEER*Rx - Interactive Antineoplastic Drugs Database, which was developed to replace Book 8 as an annually updated list of oncology drug and regimen treatment categories.
For historical purposes, Book 8 is provided:
[PDF (PDF, 6.0 MB) ] [Zip (ZIP, 5.6 MB) ]
List of oncology agents (PDF, 117 KB) not listed in SEER Book 8.
Please send questions or comments to email@example.com
The information on this page is archived and provided for reference purposes only. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing information on this page may e-mail for assistance.