ICD-O-3 Coding Materials
- ICD-O-3 SEER Site/Histology Validation List - 12/05/2012 - updated from 2/9/2001
- This site/type list is provided in both PDF (*.pdf) and Excel (*.xls) formats: [sitetype.icdo3.d20121205.pdf]
The PDF file is intended as a reference file for ICD-O-3 only. Although based on the 2/9/2001 Validation List, it has been stripped of redlining and strikeouts.
Note: The Site/Histology List is not intended to be used for case finding or to determine reportability.
The errata sheets provided below document updates since 2/9/2001.
- ICD-O-3 Hematopoietic Primaries Table (PDF) - 3/15/2001
- The hematopoietic primaries table indicates whether two hematopoietic diseases (such as a lymphoma and a leukemia) diagnosed separately and coded in ICD-O-3 should be considered the same primary (S) or different primaries (D). The table is based on current medical understanding of these diseases as they are listed in ICD-O-3. This table replaces pages 15-37 in the SEER Program Code Manual (3rd edition, 1998) (PDF) for cases diagnosed on or after January 1, 2001. This table replaces Appendix B of the Commission on Cancer's ROADS manual for cases diagnosed on or after January 1, 2001.
- Clarifications for Abstracting and Coding Hematopoietic Diseases (PDF) - 5/22/2001
- Explanation of what therapies are used for the hematopoietic diseases and how they should be coded in the treatment fields, further description of the hematopoietic primaries table, and additional clarifications specific to the hematopoietic diseases.