Updated January 14, 2015 (view Revision History)
This manual and the corresponding database are to be used for coding cases diagnosed January 1, 2010 and forward. The changes made do not require registrars to recode old cases.
This site provides data collection rules for hematopoietic and lymphoid neoplasms for 2010+. There are two tools for use with these rules:
- Hematopoietic & Lymphoid Neoplasm Database (Heme DB)
- A tool to assist in screening for reportable cases and determining reportability requirements
- The database contains abstracting and coding information for all hematopoietic and lymphoid neoplasm (9590/3-9992/3)
- Hematopoietic & Lymphoid Neoplasm Coding Manual
- Reportability instructions and rules for determining the number of primaries, the primary site and histology, and the cell lineage or phenotype
- The introduction to the manual has an updated Steps in Priority Order for using the Hematopoietic and Lymphoid Neoplasm Coding Manual & Database.
The Heme DB is available in two formats: as a web-based tool and as stand-alone software.
Web-based Version of the Database
The Heme DB provided in a web-based format has several benefits over the software version:
- Updates are automatic: users do not have to install anything to access the latest revisions.
- Allows access from any computer or device with an Internet connection.
- Eliminates problems for users who do not have permission to install software on their work computers.
Hematopoietic and Lymphoid Neoplasm Database and Coding Manual - For cases diagnosed January 1, 2010 and later.
Stand-alone Version of the Database
Released February 5, 2015 - New Capabilities in the Stand-alone Version:
We have added the ability to update the data in the stand-alone version of the Heme database in a more automated fashion. Here's how it works: each time the user's computer has an internet connection, it will automatically check to see if there is new Hematopoietic data, and download it when there is new data. For those who use the stand-alone version, you will now get newly published data automatically when you connect to the internet.
Download the Hematopoietic Database Software Version 3.1.0 (Updated April 8, 2015)
Ruhl J, Adamo M, Dickie L. (January 2015). Hematopoietic and Lymphoid Neoplasm Coding Manual. National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20850-9765.