SEER Datasets & Software
Use SEER data to address multiple issues, for example:
- Examine stage at diagnosis by race/ethnicity.
- Calculate survival by stage at diagnosis, age at diagnosis, and grade or size of tumor.
- Determine trends and incidence rates of cancers at various sites over time.
How to Access SEER Data
SEER research data files and SEER*Stat software are available to download through your Internet connection (SEER*Stat’s client-server mode) or via discs shipped directly to you. A signed data agreement form is required to access the SEER data. For detailed instructions, see SEER Data, 1973-2010.
- SEER*Stat version 8.0.4 (4/15/2013)
- Statistical software that provides a convenient, intuitive mechanism for the analysis of SEER and other cancer-related databases. It is a powerful personal computer tool to produce statistics for studying the impact of cancer on a population.
- SEER*Prep software version 2.5.2 (3/28/2013)
- Sofware that converts user-supplied ASCII text data files to the SEER*Stat database format, allowing analysis of population-based registry data using SEER*Stat.
- Health Disparities Calculator (HD*Calc) version 1.2.3 (10/24/2012)
- An extension of SEER*Stat designed to generate multiple summary measures to evaluate and monitor health disparities.
There are several Analytic Software tools that have been developed for the analysis and reporting of cancer statistics.
Documentation & Recodes
The Data Documentation & Variable Recodes provide information related to reporting and using SEER data and other data sets.
Download the printable Accessing SEER Data fact sheet (PDF).