Collaborative Stage is a unified data collection system designed to provide a common data set to meet the needs of all three staging systems: TNM, SEER Extent of Disease (EOD), and SEER Summary Stage (SS). It provides a comprehensive system to improve data quality by standardizing rules for timing, clinical and pathologic assessments, and compatibility across all of the systems for all cancer sites. The Collaborative Stage project is sponsored by the American Joint Committee on Cancer (AJCC) in collaboration with several standard-setting organizations, including the SEER Program. The SEER Program has developed training resources and software related to the implementation of Collaborative Staging in cancer registries.
Collaborative Stage Data Collection System - The main CS web site that includes coding instructions, software, and education and training resources.
Tools & Resources
- Abstract Addendum Generator - This tool lists the CS fields and space to abstract the information for 2012 cases abstracted under CS v0204.
- CAnswer Forum - A forum for Commission on Cancer (CoC) constituents to ask questions, search topics, and connect with the latest CoC activities.
- CS Requirements Status Database - a database which contains information on which CS fields are required by each of the standard setting organizations.
- CS*Test - An interactive tool to derive Collaborative Stage and SEER Summary Stage values for individual cases.
- PSA Lab Value (Prostate CS SSF 1) Coding Guidelines (PDF) from the Cancer Registry of Greater California
- Required SEER Site-Specific Factors for Collaborative Stage - This tool highlights the site-specific factors (SSF) required for staging, obsolete SSF’s, clinically significant SSFs, as well as those not required.