Collaborative Stage Site-Specific Factors (CS SSF)
Starting with the 1973-2011 SEER Research Data (November 2013 submission), additional Collaborative Stage Site-Specific Factor (CS SSF) fields are available in the standard research data for analysis in the rate, frequency and case listing sessions. Previously, they were only available through a custom database.
The additional fields include:
- CS SSFs for 2010 cases not previously available in the standard research data.
- Derived HER2 Recode (2010+) - a HER2 summary field derived for unknown values in CS SSF 15.
- Breast Subtype (2010+) - created by combining HER2, ER, and PR fields.
The following spreadsheets provide the list of all the CS SSF fields available in the SEER Research Data:
- November 2014 Submission: CS v02.05 SSFs included in the SEER Research Data (XLS - 61 KB)
- November 2013 Submission: CS v02.04 SSFs included in the SEER Research Data (XLS - 61 KB)
New CS SSF Fields (2010+)
|Colon & Rectum||
|Melanoma of the skin||SSF7 - Primary Tumor Mitotic Count/Rate|
|Lung||SSF2 - Pleural/Elastic Layer Invasion (PL) by H and E or Elastic Stain|
|Kidney-Renal pelvis||SSF1 - WHO/ISUP Grade|
|Ovary||SSF3 - Residual Tumor Status and Size After Primary Cytoreduction|
|Uterine Corpus (Adenosarcoma, Carcinoma, Sarcoma)||