Latest Release: Version 8.2.1 - April 8, 2015
The SEER*Stat statistical software provides a convenient, intuitive mechanism for the analysis of SEER and other cancer-related databases. It is a powerful PC tool to view individual cancer records and to produce statistics for studying the impact of cancer on a population. SEER*Stat software is distributed with the SEER Research Data and you must have access to the data before using the software.
Visit the following sections to learn more about SEER*Stat:
- Getting Started - Learn how to access the software and data, get answers to frequently asked questions, and where to go for technical support.
- Tutorials - Follow step-by-step tutorials designed to demonstrate how to use SEER*Stat and to calculate the many statistics available.
- Analysis Data - Find out what databases can be analyzed in SEER*Stat.
- SEER*Stat Installation - Obtain software updates, learn how to use the auto-update feature, and access a list of technical specifications and revision history.
- Using Your Own Data (SEER*Prep) - Software to convert your data to the file format required by SEER*Stat.
- Analytic Software - Access several other software tools developed for the analysis of cancer statistics.
Statistics Calculated by SEER*Stat
- Frequencies & Rates
- Survival Statistics (See Overview of Cancer Survival Statistics for definitions)
- Observed survival
- Relative survival
- Net (Pohar-Perme) Survival
- Cause-specific survival
- Conditional survival
- Actuarial and Kaplan-Meier methods
- Period Method
- Limited-duration Prevalence
- Multiple Primary Standardized Incidence Ratios
- Case Listings
- View data values for individual records
- Specify variables and define the cohort of records