SEER*Stat Tutorials: Survival & Left Truncated Statistics
These exercises assume that you are familiar with using SEER*Stat. If you are just getting started, be sure to do the introductory tutorials first.
- Survival Exercise 1: Introduction to Survival Statistics
- Calculate 5-year relative survival
- Standard selections in a survival session
- SEER databases with varying years of diagnosis per registry
- Survival Exercise 2: Period Survival Statistics
- Define summary intervals
- Display the life tables
- Survival Exercise 3: Calculating Cause-Specific Survival
- Define cause of death for cause-specific survival
- Specify special intervals as the conditional survival criteria
Left Truncated Life Tables
- Left Truncated Exercise 1: Lung and Bronchus Cancer
- Calculate a life table consisting of the probability of dying of causes other than the diagnosed cancer.
- Employ age at diagnosis as a time axis and take left-truncated feature of the data into account.
- Calculate expected survival probabilities (Ederer II) based on US life tables for comparison.