The installation program(s) for SEER*Stat are provided below. All new software releases will be posted here and will include the version number in the filename. SEER*Stat's title bar includes the version number so that you can see if you are using the latest version.
The SEER*Stat software has an auto-update feature. The software can be configured to automatically upgrade with the SEER*Stat release or to delay the update for a couple weeks after the release. See Auto-updating in SEER*Stat for more information.
In most cases to use SEER*Stat, you must have access to the SEER Research Data. The installation program provided here does not include or provide access to these data. If you have not done so already, please
follow the steps to Access the SEER Research Data.
SEER*Stat Readme File
The SEER*Stat statistical software provides a convenient, intuitive
mechanism for the analysis of SEER and other cancer-related
databases. It is a powerful PC tool to view individual cancer
records and to produce the statistics listed below. These statistics
are useful when studying the impact of cancer on a population.
Frequency and Rate Statistics
- Row and column percentages
- Crude (non-adjusted) rates with standard errors and
- Age-adjusted rates with standard errors and confidence
- Incidence-based mortality rates
- Rate ratios for significance testing
Trends Over Time (based on frequencies and rates)
- Percent changes (PC)
- Annual percent changes (APC) with confidence intervals
- Comparison of APCs with zero
- Comparison of two APCs with one another
- Observed survival
- Net survival (absence of other causes of death)
- Relative survival
- Cause-specific survival
- Crude probability of death (presence of other causes of death)
- Using expected survival
- Using cause of death
- Option to adjust for heterogeneity in withdrawal when using
- Comparison of two survival curves (Z-statistic)
- Conditional survival - a survival rate conditioned on having
survived x years (for example, a 10-year rate for individuals
having already survived 5 years)
- Actuarial and Kaplan-Meier methods
- Period survival for all survival session methods
Limited-Duration Prevalence Statistics
- Prevalence counts
- Crude (non-adjusted) percents
- Age-adjusted percents
- Profile survival for limited-duration prevalence (future)
Multiple Primary - Standardized Incidence Ratio Statistics
Comparison of cancer incidence in a defined cohort of persons
previously diagnosed with cancer to cancer incidence in the general
population. In other words, The MP-SIR session allows you to
define a cohort of people based on first cancer diagnosis
(exposure) and to follow them through time to compare their
subsequent cancer experience (observed events) to population based
- The values stored in the database for individual records are
presented in a table.
- You choose the variables displayed and select the records to be
included in the table.
- Easy to use interface
- Comprehensive help system
- Ability to select/exclude cases using multiple primary criteria
(i.e., SEER*Stat realizes a person can have more than one tumor)
- Handles complex selection/subset statements with support for
full Boolean logic
- Multi-dimensional matrices for reporting results
- Support for copying and pasting cancer records and statistics
into spreadsheet or charting/graphing packages
- Ability to export records and statistics to a generic data file
for input by other statistical systems such as SAS
- Print preview
- User Profiles for managing workflow
With this configuration, all data are stored in a centralized
location at the SEER Program and calculations are performed on SEER's
dedicated hardware. If you utilize this mechanism, you do not need
to maintain the SEER data on your local computer system. Each time
you execute an analysis, the parameters of your request will be
transferred over the Internet from your computer to the SEER*Stat
server. Once the calculations are complete, the results will be
transferred back to your computer. A high speed Internet connection
is required for this configuration.
- Pentium-based PC
- 32-bit or 64-bit Microsoft Windows Operating System
(Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000, NT, 98, 95, etc.)
- 800 x 600 or greater monitor resolution
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0+ for viewing help
- 32 MBs application RAM
- Approximately 6 MBs disk space
- High speed Internet connection (not a dial-up modem based) if
using the client-server configuration
To install from the SEER Research Data DVD:
- Insert the DVD into the drive
- From the Start menu, choose Run...; type
- Follow the instructions on your screen
To install using the installation program from the Internet:
- Download the installation program from
- Within Windows, double-click on the downloaded file
- Follow the instructions on your screen
Unless the data location is changed from the default with the File,
Preferences... dialog, the DVD must be located in the drive or you
must have an account within the client-server configuration to
LOCAL AREA NETWORK INSTALLATIONS
A single copy of the SEER*Stat executable and data can be placed on a
network for multiple persons to utilize. This configuration is
highly recommended because updates to SEER*Stat can be performed on
the single network installation instead of modifying each user's
Copy the contents of the [dvd-drive]:\SEER_1973_2010_SEERSTAT\bin
directory (seerstat.exe and seerstat.chm) from the DVD to a location
on the network accessible by all users. Suppose this location is
called "\\fileserv1\SEERStat". Then copy the
[dvd-drive]:\SEER_1973_2010_SEERSTAT\data directory and all its
sub-directories from the DVD to this location. This will yield a
directory on your network called "\\fileserv1\SEERStat\data".
On each user's desktop PC, create a Windows shortcut to
"\\fileserv1\SEERStat\seerstat.exe". The first time each user
executes SEER*Stat, it will display the Data Locations and the
default User-Defined Variables Location (UVL). The default Data
location is "\\fileserv1\SEERStat\data". The UVL varies by the
version of Microsoft Windows.
If a network installation is configured, use must be confined to
persons that have completed the SEER Research Data Agreement. If
others wish to make use of the system, each must complete the SEER
Program's Research Data Agreement available on the SEER Web page
at the following address.
REMOVING PREVIOUS INSTALLATIONS
Existing versions of SEER*Stat do not need to be removed from your
system prior to installing this newer version.
This version may NOT allow you to analyze data contained on CDs/DVDs
earlier than SEER*Stat 6.3.6. If you need to analyze data from earlier
CDs/DVDs, you may not want to overwrite an earlier installation with this
If you wish to completely remove an earlier version prior to
installing this current version, use the Add/Remove Programs icon in
the Windows Control Panel.
04/12/2013 - Version 8.0.4
1. Survival case listing new fields added, change in expected. New fields
are age and year of last interval for the patient. The interval expected
survival included in the matrix is directly from the expected survival
table used. Previously, it was adjusted based on interval length.
e.g. Twelfth root was taken for monthly survival.
2. Survival - fixed bug that prevented new session from opening when
pre-calculated duration variables are not available. Only
applicable to those using 8.0.3 (not released on public ports).
3. Allow case listing matrix with no records to be copied to the
clipboard (field names only).
03/15/2013 - Version 8.0.3
1. Survival calculation can now be based on pre-calculated survival
duration variables or on dates (begin and end dates). The Pre-calculated
survival duration option will be the default for SEER databases starting
with the November 2012 submission. The pre-calculated survival variables
in the SEER data (Nov 2012+) have been calculated using complete dates
rather than just month and year.
2. Survival session - the Case Listing option has been removed from the
session dropdown menu and is now available on the Parameters tab along
with the other display options.
3. New matrix menu option added to extract the source session as a
text file without having to open it in the interface.
In-house beta version only:
4. The matrix export utility was implemented for Left-Truncated Life
02/19/2013 - Version 8.0.2
1. MP-SIR – there was a problem that occurred only when using early
criteria. The problem was limited to the case listing and frequency
statistics and did not impact the standard SIR analyses. Highlighting
in case listing and record counts when producing frequencies were affected.
2. Survival session - sessions would not execute when relative conditional
survival statistics were requested and included in the cumulative summary
3. Survival session – survival case listings sessions would not execute if the
new multiple primary selection option was set to “All Tumors Matching
Selection Criteria”. This did not impact standard survival analyses.
4. Limited-duration prevalence – sessions would not execute only when the
multiple primary selection option was set to “All Tumors Matching Selection
Criteria”, age-adjusted prevalence was being calculated, and the age
variable for the age-adjustment was “Age recode” (the version with 18 age
groups – with 0-4 year olds combined).
5. Fixed bug that showed up when deleting invalid variables on database change.
SEER*Stat now preserves variables in the table dimension and retains their
6. Fixed bug to prevent updates to the current user profile while a session is
executing and the job window is in focus.
7. Updated survival session to calculate relative median survival the first
time the cumulative relative estimates reaches 50%. In prior versions,
if the relative percentage had reached 50% and then rose to a value above 50%
SEER*Stat would not display a median estimate. This is a rare instance that
could result in the display of a median relative statistic for a table that
previously was shown as can't calculate.
8. The Survival case exclusion checkbox for excluding cases that are Alive With
No Survival Time is now unselected and disabled when the Presumed Alive
option is selected on the Parameters tab.
9. Re-ordered the controls in the Case Listing Matrix's variable value Find
dialog so Field comes before Value. Also handles a problem that could occur
if using find in a matrix when no cell has focus.
11/19/2012 - Version 8.0.1
1. Fixed a bug in loading of table variables introduced in version
8.0.0. The order of the variables is now preserved.
11/01/2012 - Version 8.0.0
1. Changed array of session data elements to make arrays dynamic.
Users will be warned that sessions saved with this version cannot
be opened in older versions of SEER*Stat.
2. Added additional multiple primary selection options to the survival
session. This involved adding a new drop-down list box to the bottom
of the selection tab and removing the previous checkbox and radio
button from within the "Standard Selections" area of the selection tab.
3. Added presumed alive option to survival session. This option assumes
that any case not known to be dead will be considered alive on the
study cut-off date.
4. Fixed loading of current databases in the data tab to exclude
databases without valid ID numbers. Also fixed loading of lists
for Expected Rates and Referent rates.
5. Upgraded the resaving of case listings to account for possible
change in the size of the session data.
6. Fixed a problem in the calculation of percent progress in the
progress dialog, to prevent data overflow.
7. Fixed the function to show Profiles on startup when only one
8. Added ability to use delay-adjustment factors in rate/frequency
and case listing sessions. Requires database with factors, which
are not currently available to research community.
In-house beta version only:
9. Several modifications were made to the left-truncated life tables
10. Added Pohar-Perme method to survival session. Not feature complete.
7/17/2012 - Version 7.1.0
1. Fixed a problem with the MP-SIR case listing and frequency options
that could include cases that were not part of the selected
database (e.g. 1975 cases for a 1992-2009 database). This fix did
not have any impact on the standard MP-SIR (O/E) calculations.
2. Added a time delay when saving matrix files. In some cases if
there was a latency saving the matrix, SEER*Stat would not be able
to save and would give an error message stating: "updated by
another user". The delay was added to avoid this issue.
3. Added a Server Cache Refresh option to the main menu.
4. Fixed Cum Expected Survival Method to reset to default only when
changing to a different database.
5. Fixed initial location of main window to avoid off-screen position
saved from a second monitor.
4/12/2012 - Version 7.0.9
1. Added support for Survival calculation by days.
2. Fixed bug in Survival matrix copy with hiding zero count rows.
3. Fixed bug to enable refresh of search statements after editing
of invalid statements on database change.
3/5/2012 - Version 7.0.8
1. Age Standardizing added to Survival session as an option.
2. Survival Life Page expanding upgraded, with hiding and showing
of zero count rows.
2/16/2012 - Version 7.0.7
1. Fixed changing of categories for Age Variables when more than one
age variable is available for Rate and Prevalence sessions.
2. Remove Lost to Follow-Up from Survival session and use
Study Cutoff in its place.
3. Fixed MP-SIR session startup to handle database with corrupted
12/14/2011 - Version 7.0.6
1. Allow invalid user variables to be fixed at session load instead
of discarding them.
2. Support multiple Age (for age-adjusting) variables in a single
3. Enhanced SAS code generated by matrix export to handle imputed data.
4. Only prompt for software autoupdate from server when installation
file is available.
5. Enhanced Survival session verification in client to detect when the
number of row cells or column cells exceeds the maximum.
9/1/2011 - Version 7.0.5
1. User Profile export/import now optionally includes user variables.
Multiple profiles (and variables) can be exported at once into a
2. Longer variable names and grouping names are now supported. The
new max length is 80 chars.
3. Added support on the data tab for a URL for database specific
4. Fixed matrix export to prevent abort when preserving matrix columns.
5. Fixed handling of hidden databases when a user profile is deleted
from the main window menu.
6. Shortened timeouts for various client-server interactions.
3/30/2011 - Version 7.0.4
1. Fixed the default name for a new grouping in the dictionary editor.
2. Changed handling of externally added data locations to prevent
auto-adding of multiple server locations.
3. On execute, verify that Prevalence session does not contain the
Year of diagnosis field in a merged variable.
4. Fixed handling of scrolling with mouse wheel when viewing a matrix.
3/15/2011 - Version 7.0.3
1. Modified the database hiding tab in the profile dialog to show
databases by session type.
2. Fixed check for write access to the temporary files directory
before downloading server cache.
3. Added support for external adding of data locations to a profile
by SEER*Prep or by the installation program.
2/11/2011 - Version 7.0.2
1. Fixed problem that was not allowing any survival sessions to be opened.
2/02/2011 - Version 7.0.1
1. New functionality was added to the survival session to support
database-specific defaults for method for calculating cumulative
2. Changed title/numbering of jobs and new matrices to correspond with
title of session used to create them.
3. Several issues related to the switch to Microsoft Visual Studio were
1/20/2011 - Version 7.0.0
1. Changed compilers from Borland C++ builder to Microsoft Visual
Studio. Previous builds were incompatible with some installations
of Windows. Some users were unable to use SEER*Stat with
Windows 7 Ultimate. This change should be transparent with no
2. Profiles - The new Profile menu allows you to manage, create and use
profiles. A profile stores information about your preferences such
as data locations, directories to save files, and matrix export defaults.
You can also select which databases you would like to see in SEER*Stat
(e.g. you can hide all databases for previous submissions). You can have
multiple profiles and switch between them to help organize projects
that use different data and possibly different settings.
3. Ederer II was added as the default method for calculating cumulative
expected survival. Ederer I had been the default for calculations in
previous versions of SEER*Stat. A selection box for Cum Expected Method
was added to the survival session's statistics tab to allow you to
switch between Ederer II and Ederer I methods. The two options for
adjusting for Heterogeneity were also moved from the Output tab to
this new selection box.
4. Changes to the edit variable dialog. When you select multiple values
and click Add…, you now are prompted to add as a single group or
5. The term "Limited-Use" was changed to "Research" everywhere in the
software. The SEER program had made this change in all database
names after the previous release of SEER*Stat, so this is bringing
the software in-line with the database names.
6. The MP-SIR calculations were updated in how simultaneous tumors are
treated when using early exit criteria. Sequence number is now
considered when tumors have the same event dates (date of diagnosis
for SIRs). The higher sequence number tumor will not be counted as
an event if the lower sequence number was the early exit tumor.
7. A problem was fixed with saving user-defined variables and case
listing matrix files.
8. Non-functional previews of future new features were included.
This includes the new left-truncated survival session and
age-adjustment for survival statistics.
4/1/2010 - Version 6.6.2
1. Removed "rate" from survival statistic references in software
and help file.
2. Minor change to resolve problems with auto-update.
3. Minor change to make database verification more efficient when
using client-server mode.
2/17/2010 - Version 6.6.1 - Changed the default setting for the Select
Only Microscopically Confirmed Standard Case Selection option in the
Survival session back to unchecked. The default had inadvertently been
changed to checked in version 6.6.0. Any new survival sessions created
with version 6.6.0 would have the unintended default value for this option.
1/28/2010 - Version 6.6.0
1. A new standard exclusion checkbox was added to the survival
session selection tab for "Alive with no Survival Time". This
option is checked by default in all cases. Using the default
setting will result in estimates that match any statistics
generated with previous versions of SEER*Stat.
2. A new standard exclusion checkbox was added to the survival
session for "Dead due to Other Causes with no Survival Time".
This checkbox is only available when using a survival measure
that uses cause of death rather than expected survival. The
default for this checkbox is database specific. All currently
available databases have this checkbox checked by default.
Using the default setting will result in estimates that match
any statistics generated with previous versions of SEER*Stat.
3. New checkbox added to the matrix export dialog for including
full path of the input file in generated SAS code.
4. Altered the test used to determine if survival confidence
intervals need to be flagged. Test is explained in the
SEER*Stat matrix footnote.
5. Fixed autoscroll for variable name in the dictionary edit dialog.
6. Fixed definition of "First Primary Only" in Selection tab for
prevalence and MP-SIR sessions. Was excluding prior tumors with
sequence numbers of 60+.
7. Analysis options on the MP-SIR session events tab have been
modified when using mortality rates as events. Only single
outcome analysis is supported, with exit at death.
8. Bug fix for MP-SIR table tab. On database change, if all case
listing variables were not valid and user cancelled, original
list of variables was duplicated.
9. Bug fix for MP-SIR parameters tab. When invalid cut points were
provided for latency or attained calendar years, on database
change SEER*Stat would jump to the parameters tab without warning.
10. Fixed a problem with multiple merged variables in a prevalence
session. Calculation terminated prematurely when a population
field was included in any of the variables.
7/22/2009 - Version 6.5.2
1. Fixed a problem with the survival and MP-SIR session case
listing features. The problem would only occur if the first
character of the first line of the title was a space. When this
occurred the formats for the fields were incorrect.
2. Changes were made to the import variable dialog to not require
write access to the file being imported. Wording changes were
also made on the dialog.
4/14/2009 - Version 6.5.1 - Production release of 6.5 features.
04/7/2009 - Version 6.5.0-beta
1. Survival session now includes confidence intervals.
2. In the MP-SIR matrix exclusion/inclusion report, corrected a
"double counting" of exclusions.
3. A problem that did not allow merged variables to be included in a
survival session case listing was corrected.
4. Installation program now created with InstallAware rather
5. Minor bug fixes and interface improvements.
4/24/2008 - Version 6.4.4 - Bug fixes.
1. In a survival matrix, if changes were made on the matrix options
dialog, there was a memory overwrite which often caused SEER*Stat
to shutdown and generate an error message.
2. When opening a saved session (including retrieving one from a
matrix) and access to the original database is no longer
available, the database selection dialog is displayed. Selecting
a new database on this dialog did not reset database specific
parameters as is done when a user changes the database on the data
tab. This has been changed to function like a database change on
the data tab.
4/14/2008 - Version 6.4.3 - Production release of 6.4 features.
4/10/2008 - Version 6.4.1-beta - minor fixes
3/31/2008 - Version 6.4.0-beta
1. Bug fix for MP-SIR. The incorrect behavior is that all potential
events in the rate file count as observed events, but the expected
are calculated correctly (only for those selected), when the
following options are chosen.
- single outcome
- exit on any event in the rate file
- uncheck some of the events
- don't include the selected event variable in the table
2. For MP-SIR, changed the CI default from approximate to exact.
3. For MP-SIR, changed the default exit point for single outcome
analysis from exit on selected events to exit on any event in the
4. For MP-SIR, added a checkbox for exiting at next malignant tumor
which is on by default.
5. SEER*Stat will now calculate an age-adjusted rate when there is a
crude age-specific cell with non-zero cases and zero population.
6. SEER*Stat now allows you to calculate period estimates for
multiple user-specified years in the same session. Previously it
only did the latest possible year.
9/25/2007 - Version 6.3.6
1. Exclude certain variables from case listings with the NoCaseList
key in the database.ini.
2. Added descriptions to user-defined variables.
3. Only allow user information to be modified if user is logged in.
4. Fixed page length limit for printing the survival exclusions page.
This would hang the print request.
5. No survival Z-test without standard life or relative rate pages.
6. If no referent rates available, allow user to re-create rates from
7. Expected rates in survival are only presented when the base fields
8. Added a prompt in the search dialog when there are selected lines
and the user tries to paste.
9. Merged variables are now permitted in the selection dialog. They
are converted, like user-defined variables, to underlying
statements when the OK button is pressed.
10. Negative operators/prefixes are now allowed in merged variables.
11. Added a new line button on the selection dialog
12. SAS code now has lrecl= on the infile statement.
4/12/2007 - Version 6.3.5 - Production release of 6.3 features.
4/5/2007 - Version 6.3.4 - release candidate
3/19/2007 - Version 6.3.3-beta - minor fixes
2/12/2007 - Version 6.3.2-beta - minor fixes
1/23/2007 - Version 6.3.1-beta - minor fixes
1/18/2007 - Version 6.3.0-beta
1. Allow multiple data locations instead of a primary and secondary
2. Changed survival matrix options so that standard errors are handled
as a group instead of individual flags for each statistic. This
is the same for confidence intervals.
3. Added special selection check boxes for "Malignant Only", "Known
Age", "Male/Female Sex" and "Cases in Limited-Use Database" to all
4. The ability to specify categories for use with user-defined
5. Find variable dialog changed to multi-column in order to show
matches found in the format separate from those found in the names.
6. Allow import variable definitions from another database to the
7. MP-SIR rates tab: the user can see invalid rate-bases with the
reason why they are invalid.
8. MP-SIR rates tab: allow the use of available rate values for cohort
values not in rates.
9. Rate session: Tiwari method for confidence intervals.
10. Frequency or rate matrix export: added feature to preserve matrix
columns and rename variables.
11. Survival statistic tab: missing/unknown CODs are included as dead
broken out between specified cause and other causes.
8/31/2006 - Version 6.2.4
1. There was an error in the prevalence session if you made a
selection using a linked variable (a county attribute). This was
only a problem in the selections (not the table or cohort tabs).
It gave an error and didn't complete; there were no incorrect
2. A fix to survival for excluding cases with unknown COD. SEER*Stat
was excluding even when the death was after study cut-off. Since
SEER's COD variables use study cut-off date, most analyses on
SEER's data would be fine. But if the user changed the study
cut-off date, or analyzed a user created database without recoding
the deaths after study cut-off to alive, this would affect the
3. A fix to survival for handling unknown/missing CODs in crude
probability of death analyses. There are three options: exclude,
include as dead, include as censored. The include as censored
option was incorrectly including cases as dead due to other causes.
This has been changed to include these as lost to follow-up. We're
planning to add a fourth option to allow the user to include them
as dead due to other causes in a future release.
4. Matrix export allows the creation of SAS code.
5. Performance enhancements in the dictionary editor for the
6. The MP-SIR session now supports databases with different variable
for start and event dates. Previous versions only supported date
of cancer diagnosis for both of these dates.
4/5/2006 - Version 6.2.3 - Fix a problem which caused an MP-SIR session
to close if the first database listed didn't have referent rates.
3/29/2006 - Version 6.2.2
1. Change to selection dialog to not accept some invalid characters.
2. Change to not allow matrix save, print, options, etc. if while the
matrix is open, it changes on disk. The change could be by another
person or by the same person having multiple copies open.
3. Reload primary and secondary database.ini files in more situations.
4. Fix to present database citation and database message if a
user-supplied database is listed first.
1/19/2006 - Version 6.2.1 - Set maximum p-value of rate ratios to
1.0 and other minor fixes.
11/22/2005 - Version 6.2.0-beta
1. More graceful handling of lost network connectivity.
2. Go to page number in print preview.
3. Support for large fonts.
4. Password can optionally be remembered.
5. Ability to display a login message obtained from the server.
6. A Primary Data Location (PDL) is no longer required.
7. The PDL and Secondary Data Location (SDL) can be interchanged.
8. Faster loading of sessions when executing in local mode.
9. Referent rates are downloaded separate and thus less often from
the other database materials.
10. Client-server menu items are more prominent.
11. New preferences dialog to more clearly distinguish between local
and client-server mode, and to more clearly distinguish the port
for client-server mode.
12. Faster writing and exporting a matrix to a network location.
13. New database.ini options for disabling the case listing
functionality in Survival and MP-SIR sessions.
14. Improved Data tab in order to more easily distinguish which
databases have linked (SES) data.
4/14/2005 - Version 6.1.4 - More minor improvements and revised help.
Disabled profile survival method for limited-duration prevalence.
4/1/2005 - Version 6.1.3-beta - More minor interface and output
3/24/2005 - Version 6.1.2-beta - Minor interface and output
improvements. New help system.
3/17/2005 - Version 6.1.1-beta - Updates to median survival, standard
errors, and the Z-test for Kaplan-Meier survival. Minor interface
3/10/2005 - Version 6.1.0-beta
1. Prevalence and rate sessions - statistics can be hidden based on
population size (existing feature based on count remains).
2. Prevalence, rate, and frequency sessions - when statistics are
hidden based on counts, there is no suppression for 0, only
if > 0 and less than the specified number.
3. MP-SIR session - exact CIs (existing approximate CIs remain).
4. Rate ratios for significance testing in the rate session.
5. Profile survival method for limited-duration prevalence.
6. Survival session:
a. Kaplan-Meier survival (actuarial is still the default)
b. New defaults:
- 1 month intervals
- number of intervals changed from 5 to 60 (still 5 years)
- cumulative summary tables on
- standard life tables off
c. Option to include a "0th interval"
d. Special intervals (conditional survival) can be included in
cumulative summary tables
e. Special intervals (conditional survival) are available for all
f. Matrix options dialog allows hiding statistics in cumulative
g. Dimension of variables can be specified in the cumulative
h. New dialog for defining intervals of cumulative summary tables
i. Moved the display section from the output tab to the
j. Period survival for all survival session methods.
7. Save session as an "ini" text file.
8. Improvements to print preview that make it easier to navigate to
the beginning, end, or specified page of a document.
10/18/2004 - Version 5.3.1
1. Fixed error in prevalence session when selecting on age at
prevalence. This error was introduced in version 5.3.0. This
does not affect analyses with age at prevalence in the table
2. Fixed error in prevalence session survival calculations when the
survival cohort variables do not include values for all records
included in an analysis.
8/16/2004 - Version 5.3.0
1. Ability for a single server to handle both encrypted and
2. Session printout as text.
3. Survival now defaults to displaying percents.
4. Merged variables now store numeric variable values in the session
and user-defined format libraries in addition to labels.
5. New help system.
6. Prevalence can now be calculated by months prior instead of only
7. Blanks are now removed from MP-SIR parameters before verifying.
8. Fixes for related variables in MP-SIR and person selection
features of other sessions.
9. Exclude population defining variables that can change for a
person (e.g. county) from use in defining referent rates. Also
exclude related variables based on these variables.
10. Always check user-defined variables in search statements on
11. Session printout now has title.
12. Fixed problem in survival matrix export when multiple page types
are present. Specifically, some export dialog options were not
used correctly for all page types.
4/12/2004 - Version 5.2.2 - Minor fixes to client-server
4/8/2004 - Version 5.2.1-beta - Corrected a problem with status
updates in client-server mode for the prevalence session, and a
printing problem for databases without a suggested citation if
working client-server mode and the local database cache is not
4/6/2004 - Version 5.2.0-beta - Encrypted communications between the
client and server.
1/15/2004 - Version 5.1.14 - Minor fixes to MP-SIR.
1/13/2004 - Version 5.1.13 - Addition of the Select Only Malignant
Behavior check box to the frequency, rate, and case listing sessions.
Minor bug fixes and additional options for ssexport under UNIX.
1/7/2004 - Version 5.1.12 - Within MP-SIR, the computations of both
"Mean Date of Exposure" and "Mean Date of Event" were updated to
correct a problem of these dates being exactly one year early.
12/19/2003 - Version 5.1.11-beta - Minor fixes.
12/17/2003 - Version 5.1.10-beta - First public release.
12/15/2003 - Version 5.1.9-beta - Updates to MP-SIR and help.
12/5/2003 - Version 5.1.8-beta - Updates to MP-SIR.
12/2/2003 - Version 5.1.7-beta - Updates to MP-SIR.
12/1/2003 - Version 5.1.6-beta - Updates to MP-SIR.
11/24/2003 - Version 5.1.5-beta - Updates to MP-SIR and help.
11/21/2003 - Version 5.1.4-beta - Updates to MP-SIR and help.
11/20/2003 - Version 5.1.3-beta - Updates to MP-SIR.
11/18/2003 - Version 5.1.2-beta - Updates to MP-SIR.
11/12/2003 - Version 5.1.1-beta - Feature complete version of MP-SIR
and new selection dialog.
9/16/2003 - Version 5.1.0-beta - Nearing a feature complete version
9/16/2003 - Version 5.0.20 - Client now attempts a connection to PDL
seerstat.imsweb.com if seerstat.cancer.gov fails.
8/21/2003 - Version 5.0.19 - Modified selection dialog to allow work
with both continuous and discrete values of a variable.
7/21/2003 - Version 5.0.18 - Several minor updates to wording and
presentation to make things clearer and cleaner in the interface and
help system. Added functionality post a variable specific warning
dialog. Several other minor updates to functionality.
4/25/2003 - Version 5.0.17 - Updates to code associated with the
standard population control on the statistic tab of the rate and
4/23/2003 - Version 5.0.16 - Updates to help.
4/15/2003 - Version 5.0.15 - Updates to help.
4/11/2003 - Version 5.0.14-beta - Updates to prevalence and
inclusion of new help.
4/4/2003 - Version 5.0.13-beta - Updates to prevalence and MP-SIR.
3/26/2003 - Version 5.0.12-beta - Inclusion of suggested citations.
3/24/2003 - Version 5.0.11-beta - Updates to MP-SIR.
3/20/2003 - Version 5.0.10-beta - Updates to prevalence and MP-SIR.
3/17/2003 - Version 5.0.9-beta - Updates to prevalence and MP-SIR.
3/12/2003 - Version 5.0.8-beta - Updates to prevalence and MP-SIR.
2/21/2003 - Version 5.0.7-beta - Wider release of the beta product.
2/19/2003 - Version 5.0.6-beta - Minor fixes.
2/14/2003 - Version 5.0.5-beta - Updates to prevalence and MP-SIR.
2/5/2003 - Version 5.0.4-beta - Updates to MP-SIR.
2/3/2003 - Version 5.0.3-beta - Updates to MP-SIR.
1/31/2003 - Version 5.0.2-beta - Updates to MP-SIR.
1/28/2003 - Version 5.0.1-beta - Updates to prevalence and MP-SIR.
1/3/2003 - Version 5.0.0-beta - Initial release with prevalence and
10/29/2002 - Version 4.2.7 - Minor fixes to the following.
1. When merged variable base names exceeded 200 characters.
2. Divide by zero situation in the calculation of APCs.
3. Export dictionary when variables were reordered in the matrix.
6/6/2002 - Version 4.2.6 - Performance enhancements to the relational
model that gracefully merges socio-economic data with the cases and
populations for the generation of rates.
5/20/2002 - Version 4.2.4 - Minor fixes and the ability to disable
trends in the frequency session. Also, the ability to independently
specify whether a database should be presented in a frequency and/or
4/3/2002 - Version 4.2.3 - Minor fixes.
3/21/2002 - Version 4.2.2-Beta - Minor fixes and the auto-update
3/7/2002 - Version 4.2.1-Beta
1. Relational model to gracefully merge socio-economic data with the
cases and populations for the generation of rates.
2. New client-server security model that uses groups to maintain
3. Checksum of user's local cache prior to client-server execution.
4. Redesign of communication protocol for canceling a client-server
5. Improvements to find variable functionality.
6. Functionality to search for a value in a case listing matrix.
7. Certain dialogs are now sizeable.
8. Use of new common file dialog in Windows 2000 and XP.
9. Ability to specify a path for storing temporary files.
10. Printing enhancements.
11. Ability to cancel a database change.
12. "Tree view" on frequency and rate table tab.
13. User generated standard populations and expected rates are
uploaded to the server for temporary use during calculations.
14. If a database doesn't exist on session open, the user can now
specify which database should be utilized (or attempted).
11/4/2001 - Version 4.1.4 - Set AA rates to default statistic in rate
session; minor bug fixes when switching between databases with
different age variables and standard populations; functionality to
specify default for PC end points in the database.ini.
10/16/2001 - Version 4.1.3 - Several bug fixes including a correction
to problems with exporting a case listing matrix. Added support to
allow use of standard populations with other than 18 age groups.
SEER*Prep 1.8+ is a requirement if processing user-supplied standard
6/28/2001 - Version 4.1.2-Beta - Corrected problem with ZD sorting.
6/12/2001 - Version 4.1.1-Beta - Corrected problem of frequencies
being three times too large for population only databases.
5/24/2001 - Version 4.1.0-Beta - Split of the frequency/rate session
into two separate entities.
4/2/2001 - Version 4.0.9 - Bug fix for ZD sort not initializing cache
3/30/2001 - Version 4.0.8 - Bug fixes.
3/29/2001 - Version 4.0.7 - Bug fixes.
3/28/2001 - Version 4.0.6 - UNIX matherr handler.
3/27/2001 - Version 4.0.5 - Bug fixes.
3/26/2001 - Version 4.0.4 - Bug fixes.
3/19/2001 - Version 4.0.3 - Bug fixes.
2/22/2001 - Version 4.0.2-beta - Generalization of variables included
in the expected rate tables to support SEER*Prep 2.0, bug fixes,
numerous minor enhancements, the ability mask out specified values of
the COD variables when they are displayed in the controls for
cause-specific survival, and the ability to filter statistics with
a decimal point in the case listing matrix.
1/8/2001 - Version 4.0.1-beta - HTML help, bug fixes, and numerous
10/10/2000 - Version 4.0.0-beta - Multiple primary selection features
in freq/rate and case listing, cause specific survival, weighted
least squares estimates for APCs, PCs with single year end-points,
case listing output from survival including the cumulative expected
rate, printing enhancements, and general interface refinements.
2/16/2001 - Version 3.0.11 - ZD bug fix for checking set size
needed for compatibility with SEER*Prep 1.5+.
9/13/2000 - Version 3.0.10 - Support for MinimumVersion= key in the
8/28/2000 - Version 3.0.9 - Use of ZD's operator precedence, support
for ICD-10 as a continuous variable, fixes to merged variables when
based on a user-defined, and other bug fixes.
3/27/2000 - Version 3.0.8 - Minor bug fixes over first release
3/23/2000 - Version 3.0.7 - First release candidate of "Version 3.0".
3/3/2000 - Version 3.0.5-beta - Export enhancements, conversion of
the export dictionary to an ".ini file", and support for
user-supplied standard millions.
2/10/2000 - Version 3.0.0-beta - Initial release of the case listing
session, enhancements to merged variables, adjustments for
heterogeneity in withdrawal (Hakulinen adjustments) for relative
survival, and an option for user-defined variable definitions in the
11/17/1999 - Version 2.1.5 - Fixes for icon problems noticeable in
earlier versions of 2.1. Fixes for problems downloading the database
files file from the server under Windows 9x.
10/22/1999 - Version 2.1.4 - Fix to allow merged variables based on
10/6/1999 - Version 2.1.3 - Minor bug fixes and further performance
improvements for subsetting non-indexed variables.
9/16/1999 - Version 2.1.2-beta - Improved performance for subsetting
on non-indexed variables.
9/14/1999 - Version 2.1.1-beta - Version checking between the client
and server, support for user-supplied expected rates, import/export
of user-defined variables, support for the Census tract variable, the
ability to hide PCs and APCs independently, and support for session
printouts that exceed one piece of paper.
7/16/1999 - Version 2.1 (Beta 2) - Client-server, hyperlinks in
variable descriptions, and minimize on modal status dialog.
7/7/1999 - Version 2.1 (Beta 1) - Borland C++ Builder 4 and variable
merging. Beginnings of Hakulinen adjustments and crude survival.
3/30/1999 - Version 2.0 - Minor fixes over Beta 1.
1/22/1999 - Version 2.0 (Beta 1) - General interface refinements and
minor fixes. Tighter integration with SEER*Prep. Migration to
Borland C++ Builder. Refinements to allow easier maintenance of
network installations. Compilation of calculation module under
Solaris. August 1998 submission of SEER, 1973-1996 diagnoses.
7/21/1998 - Version 1.1.2 - Bug fix in subset for "short" variables
with values exceeding 32k. Needed for State/county variable.
7/9/1998 - Version 1.1.1 - Support for multiple types of summary
files. That is, different variables in each type.
8/11/1998 - Version 1.1a - Functionality to support 1991 Canadian
4/3/1998 - Version 1.1 - General interface refinements and minor
fixes. August 1997 submission of SEER, 1973-1995 diagnoses.
10/15/1997 - Version 1.0 - Printing and footnote enhancements. Help
system and general interface refinements. August 1996 submission of
SEER, 1973-1994 diagnoses.
8/13/1997 - Version 1.0 (Beta 2) - Survival calculations and
enhancements to incidence calculations. User-defined variables are
"memory based" by default and optionally saved to disk. August 1996
submission of SEER, 1973-1994 diagnoses.
3/7/1997 - Beta Version 1.0 - Initial release including incidence
calculations. February 1996 submission of SEER, 1973-1993 diagnoses.