Explore Our Statistics
SEER*Explorer is an interactive website that provides easy access to a wide range of SEER cancer statistics. It provides detailed statistics for a cancer site by gender, race, calendar year, age, and for a selected number of cancer sites, by stage and histology.Get Started
- Create custom graphs and tables
- Download data and images
- Share links to results
What's Included in the Current Release?
SEER*Explorer provides access to SEER incidence, SEER survival, U.S. mortality, U.S. prevalence and lifetime risk statistics including:
- Recent Trends in SEER Incidence, 2000-2018
- Recent Trends in U.S. Mortality, 2000-2018
- Recent Rates for SEER Incidence, 2012-2018
- Recent Rates for U.S. Mortality, 2013-2018
- Long Term Trends in SEER Incidence, 1975-2018
- Long Term Trends in U.S. Mortality, 1975-2018
- Statistics for several subtypes of larger cancer groupings including:
- Brain and Other Nervous System Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Esophagus Cancer
- Lung and Bronchus Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer
- Rates by Age at Diagnosis or Death
- Stage Distribution (SEER Incidence only)
- Recent Trends in Survival, 2000-2017
- 5-year Relative Survival, 2011-2017
- Relative Survival Rates by Time Since Diagnosis
- Conditional Relative Survival
- U.S. Complete Prevalence
- U.S. 26-year Limited Duration Prevalence
- Lifetime Risk Intervals for Risk of Diagnosis/Dying
- Risk Comparison Charts for Risk of Diagnosis/Dying
- Delay-adjusted SEER Incidence Rates.
What Will Future Releases Include?
A dashboard-style presentation of multiple statistics related to the selected cancer site is currently in development. The ability to compare cancer sites will be available in future releases. The goal of this project is to replace the SEER Cancer Statistics Review with a more robust and flexible website for accessing cancer statistics.
How Can I Provide Feedback?
The goal is to improve SEER*Explorer with each new SEER data release, we are interested in receiving feedback from users. Please send comments to SEER Website Support.
SEER*Explorer: An interactive website for SEER cancer statistics [Internet]. Surveillance Research Program, National Cancer Institute. [Cited 2021 April 15]. Available from https://seer.cancer.gov/explorer/.