SEER*Explorer is an interactive website that provides easy access to a wide range of SEER cancer statistics. It provides detailed statistics for a cancer site by gender, race, calendar year, age, and for a selected number of cancer sites, by stage and histology.
- Create custom graphs and tables
- Download data and images
- Share links to results
What's Included in the Current Release?
SEER*Explorer provides access to SEER incidence, SEER survival, U.S. mortality, U.S. prevalence and lifetime risk statistics including:
- Recent Trends in SEER Incidence and U.S. Mortality, 2000-2016
- Recent Rates for SEER Incidence and U.S. Mortality, 2012-2016a
- Long Term Trends in SEER Incidence and U.S. Mortality, 1975-2016
- Rates by Age at Diagnosis or Death
- Stage Distribution (SEER Incidence only)
- Statistics for several subtypes of larger cancer groupingsa including:
- Breast Cancer
- Esophagus Cancer
- Lung and Bronchus Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer
- Recent Trends in Survival, 2000-2015.
- 5-year Relative Survival 2009-2015
- Relative Survival Rates by Time Since Diagnosis
- U.S. Complete Prevalencea
- U.S. 24-year Limited Duration Prevalencea
- Lifetime Risk Intervals
- Risk Comparison Charts
- Delay-adjusted SEER Incidence rates where available.
a New items available with the release of the SEER November 2018 submission.
What Will Future Releases Include?
The ability to compare cancer sites will be available in future releases. The goal of this project is to replace the SEER Cancer Statistics Review with a more robust and flexible website for accessing cancer statistics.
How Can I Provide Feedback?
The goal is to improve SEER*Explorer with each new SEER data release, we are interested in receiving feedback from users. Please send comments to SEER Website Support.
Suggested Citation - SEER*Explorer: An interactive website for SEER cancer statistics [Internet]. Surveillance Research Program, National Cancer Institute. [Cited 2019 Apr 15]. Available from https://seer.cancer.gov/explorer/.