SEER*Explorer Revision History
Below are a list of updates made to the data in the SEER*Explorer application.
Aug 9 2021
- The survival by survival time and conditional survival estimates presented for stage specific cancer estimates presented the wrong year range of 2000-2017. The year range has been corrected to 2004-2017.
Jul 12 2021
- The confidence intervals presented for the annual survival rates under survival recent trends were incorrect. The estimates have been corrected.
Apr 23 2021
- The age-adjusted prevalence percentages presented for age groups smaller than 'All Ages' were not properly age-adjusted to the 2000 U.S. Standard population. The estimates have been corrected.
Apr 15 2021
- The application was updated with incidence, survival, prevalence and lifetime risk estimates based on the SEER November 2020 submission.
- Subtypes for Brain and Other Nervous System and Non-mailgnant Brain and Other Nervous System were added to the application based on the new SEER Brain/CNS Recode.
- Starting with the November 2020 data submission, SEER now uses "Behavior code ICD-O-3" rather than the "Behavior recode for analysis" field in SEER*Stat and any published statistics. For more information, please see Behavior Variable Changes.
- Conditional survival estimates were added for a majority of the available cancer sites.
Feb 10 2021
- A new option was added to the Choose a Statistic to Explore options, Incidence and Mortality Comparison, which allows users to dispaly SEER Incidence and U.S. Mortality series on several of the existing graph types.
Sep 14 2020
- The application was updated to include mortality estimates through 2018.
- Delay-adjusted rates, when available, are the default rate type shown for SEER Incidence statistics.
Apr 15 2020
- The application was updated with incidence, survival, mortality, prevalence and lifetime risk estimates based on the SEER November 2019 submission.
- A new user-interface for the application is also part of this release.
Apr 15 2019
- The application was updated with incidence, survival, mortality, prevalence and lifetime risk estimates based on the SEER November 2018 submission.
Statistics for several subtypes of larger cancer groupings including:
- Breast Cancer
- Esophagus Cancer
- Lung and Bronchus Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer
- Charts for complete and limited-duration prevalence were added to the application.
- Charts for 5-year recent rates were added for incidence and mortality.
Apr 16 2018
- The application was updated with incidence, survival, mortality and lifetime risk estimates based on the SEER November 2017 submission.
- Survival Trends charts were added to the application.
- Charts for lifetime risk estimates were added to the application.
- Relative survival for Asian/Pacific Islanders and Hispanic ethnicities were added to the five-year survival and survival by time since diagnosis charts.
Dec 1 2017
- The user interface was updated based on feedback from usability testing.
May 18 2017
- The relative survival estimates available under Survival->5-year survival were corrected. Previous estimates were cause-specific survival estimates. The estimates are now relative survival estimates.
Apr 14 2017
- The application was updated with incidence, survival and mortality estimates based on the SEER November 2016 submission.
Apr 15 2016
- The application was released with incidence and mortality estimates based on the SEER November 2015 submission.