The Cancer Query Systems (CanQues) are applications that provide access to cancer statistics stored in online databases. These systems do not perform calculations; instead they display reports using databases of statistics generated by other software. Many of these statistics are provided in the SEER Cancer Statistics Review and SEER*Explorer. The Cancer Query Systems have a Web-based interface that allows you to retrieve the statistics relevant to your research that you may not have found in other formats. Through this interface, you can:
- select the type of statistic and stratification variables used in the report;
- select the format of the report by choosing from various table formats; and
- extract the statistics, in a delimited format, for further analyses in other software.
The Cancer Query Systems provide access to the following statistical databases:
- SEER Incidence Statistics
- U.S. Mortality Statistics
- SEER Survival Statistics
- Cancer Prevalence Database
- Probability of Developing or Dying from Cancer
- Delay-Adjusted SEER Incidence Rates
SEER provides cancer statistics in a variety of formats through Reports on Cancer, Interactive Tools, and Publications.