The 2018 manual is to be used for cases diagnosed January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2020. This is the Final version of the 2018 manual which was posted on January 29, 2019. The Draft version of the 2018 manual is now available in the Coding Manuals section of the Historical Staging and Coding Manuals. The Draft version of the 2018 manual was posted on May 31, 2018 and has been replaced by the Final version.
- SEER Program Coding and Staging Manual 2018 (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- Appendix A - County Codes (PDF, 177 KB)
- Appendix B - Country and State Codes (PDF, 291 KB)
- Appendix C - Site Specific Coding Modules
- Appendix D - Race and Nationality Descriptions from the 2000 Census and Bureau of Vital Statistics (PDF, 130 KB)
- Appendix E - Reportable and Non-reportable Examples: PDF (PDF, 169 KB) or Excel (XLSX, 24 KB)
Summary of Changes
- Draft Manual Change Log: PDF (PDF, 217 KB) or Excel (XLSX, 30 KB)
- This table lists the changes from the 2016 manual to the Draft 2018 manual.
- Final Manual Change Log : PDF (PDF, 197 KB) or Excel (XLSX, 26 KB)
- This table lists the changes from the Draft 2018 manual to the Final 2018 manual.
See the SEER Research Data pages to find out how to access the SEER data.