The SEER*Prep software converts ASCII text data files to the SEER*Stat database format, allowing you to analyze your cancer data using SEER*Stat. SEER*Prep performs two main functions: it converts text data to the specific binary format required by SEER*Stat, and it creates the SEER*Stat data dictionary. SEER*Stat 6.2.3 or later is required to analyze any database generated with this version of SEER*Prep. If you are a new SEER*Prep user, see How to use SEER*Prep to Create a Database.
readme.txt (TXT, 21 KB) distributed with the software includes a description of the revisions made for this release.
If you have problems downloading SEER*Prep, please send an email to email@example.com.
Supported File Formats
SEER*Prep can be used to convert incidence, mortality, expected survival, and standard population data stored in one of the formats listed below. The Input File Formats section contains more specific information about these file formats and general rules that must be followed when creating input data files.
- NAACCR - 3339 Byte Format
- Mortality - 58 Byte Format (66 Byte if summarized mortality counts rather than individual death records)
- Incidence-Based Mortality
- 3339 Byte NAACCR Format
- Expected Survival - 29 Byte Format
- Standard Populations - 14 Byte Format
- Populations Only - 26 Byte Format