The SEER Abstracting Tool (SEER*Abs) allows cancer tumor registrars to collect and store data abstracted from patients' medical records. SEER*Abs features include:
- Ability to create abstract or casefinding records and to define new user-defined record types.
- Management of abstracting assignments via the SEER*Abs worklist.
- Direct or indirect synchronization of data with the registry's main data management system.
- Access to reference data loaded from the central registry's main database.
- Full integration of edits to validate data. SEER Edits are packaged with the system; custom edits can be defined.
- All components can be customized by registry staff.
Before installing this software, please refer to the Installation & System Requirements.
Please submit all technical support questions and issues through the SEER*Abs Squish Project. If you do not already have a Squish account, you will need to request one in order to submit an issue. Use the "Sign up here" link on the login page to request a new account. A list of Frequently Asked Questions is also available.
These reference manuals are included in the SEER*Abs main folder and can be opened via the help menu in SEER*Abs:
- Installation Manual [PDF (PDF, 788 KB) ] [Word (DOC, 358 KB) ]- Instructions to install or update the software.
- System Administration Reference [PDF (PDF, 552 KB) ] [Word (DOC, 1.2 MB) ]- Instructions to configure and maintain the application.
- Users Manual [PDF (PDF, 2.9 MB) ] [Word (DOC, 3.1 MB) ] - Instructions for Abstractors using the software.