Overview of SEER*DMS Database - Patient Set Diagrams
- Patient Set ER Diagram (PDF, 44 KB) - This diagram includes most of the database tables that store SEER*DMS Patient Set data. It does not include recurring tables (e.g, patient_cause_of_death). Data items are not shown within each table because of the large number of tables and data items.
- Patient Set Audit Log ER Diagram (PDF, 29 KB) - All changes to Patient Set data items are tracked in the "ACD" tables. ACD stands for Add/Change/Delete. These tables store tracking information for each change to a Patient Set field; this includes data items in all Patient Set tables (patient, ctc, facility_admission, treatment_procedure, all tables with registry fields, etc).
Using Record Data
- Record ER Diagram (PDF, 21 KB) - This diagram shows the two tables that store record data and their relationships with tables that store import data, AFL data, follow-back data, etc. Record data are stored in two tables (record_base and record_extended) to optimize performance in SEER*DMS processes. "Record" is a VIEW in the SEER*DMS database that can be used instead of querying or joining record_base and record_extended.
- Record Audit Log ER Diagram (PDF, 17 KB) - A diagram of the tables that store the audit log of changes to record fields.
- ER Diagram for Contacts and Facilities (PDF, 23 KB) - The person table contains the SEER*DMS Contact List. This diagram shows the main relationships between the person and facility tables, including their meta-data and audit log (ACD) tables. The person and facility tables are linked to a number of tables throughout SEER*DMS, wherever a physician, abstractor, or facility is referenced.
- Follow-back ER Diagram (PDF, 24 KB) - A diagram of the tables required to implement the SEER*DMS Follow-back module.
- Special Study ER Diagram (PDF, 15 KB) - A diagram of the tables related to the SEER*DMS Special Studies module. The inclusion tables define whether a record or patient set has been identified as eligible, ineligible, or possible. Other fields in the inclusion table track study fields (ID, dates, etc).