The 1973-2015 SEER Research Data are available in the binary format required by the SEER*Stat software and in an ASCII text format that can be analyzed with your own statistical software. The data and SEER*Stat software are available using two methods:
- Use SEER*Stat to access the data through your Internet connection (SEER*Stat's client-server mode). This is the most common method for accessing the SEER Data.
- Download compressed files from the Internet. SEER*Stat, the binary data, and the text data are available for download.
These are described in more detail in Options for Accessing the Data and SEER*Stat Software.
Datasets Included by Access Method
All Access Options (Client-server mode and Compressed Data Files):
- U.S. Mortality
- Previous submissions of SEER data
- Incidence with SEER Delay Factors
- Incidence-Based Mortality
- U.S. Populations
- Specialized SEER*Stat Datasets
- Multiple primaries-standardized mortality ratios (MP-SMRs)
- Automatic SEER*Stat software updates
Compressed Data Files Only:
- ASCII text version of the SEER 1973-2015 data
SEER Research Data Agreement
A signed SEER Research Data Agreement form is required to access the SEER data. When you submit a request for access to the data and SEER*Stat software, a personalized SEER Research Data Agreement will be created for you. The SEER program will process your request within 2 business days of receiving your signed agreement.
You may review the language of the SEER Research Data Agreement in the sample agreement form.
Please send questions or comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org.