* indicates required field
SEER developed specialized databases to make available variables that are not included in the standard SEER data. These databases are accessed through the SEER*Stat software after a request is approved.
Prerequisite: You must already have access to the latest SEER Research Plus Data before you can submit a request for a specialized database. Refer to How to Request Data Access for more information
Step 1: Select a Database
- Review the list of Available Specialized Databases.
- Select the specialized database of interest and view the documentation and any applicable required information.
Step 2: Submit a Database Request
From the database documentation page, select "Submit a Request".
- You must be a registered user on this website to submit a specialized database request. See the Login Page for more information.
- Complete and submit the request form.
- Your request will be reviewed by NCI SEER staff, and you will be notified regarding request status.
You must complete a separate request for each database of interest, as each has different limitations on use and approvals.
Citations for Database Use (Required)
A citation for the use of each SEER specialized database for publication purposes is required and should include the database name, release date, and data submission. When you select a specialized database from the Data Tab during a SEER*Stat session, the suggested citation will appear at the bottom of the Data Tab window.