This page lists the changes to the application libraries (jar files). These changes are automatically applied by the installer and do not require any manual work.
Version 2.15 (released on 08/05/2019)
- Updated algorithms library to version 2.2.
- Updated embedded JRE to version 12.0.2.
- Updated NAACCR XML library to version 6.1.
- Removed validation of backup path in configuration module.
- Updated SEER edits to SE18-019-02.
- Updated layout library to 1.20 and NAACCR XML library to 5.3.
- Updated MPH library to version 1.14.
- Added a new configuration key to enforce a minimum number of characters for passwords.
- Restructure the code of the configuration editor.
- Added a tab in the configuration editor for testing SEER*Abs edits.
Version 2.14.4 (released on 05/06/2019)
- Updated layout library to v1.19 and naaccr-xml library to v5.2 to fix bug with NAACCR confidential layout.
- Updated SEER edits to version SE18-019-01.
- Updated embedded JRE to Java 12.0.1
Version 2.14.3 (released on 04/16/2019)
- Fixed incorrect lookup for ajccTnmPathStageGroup field.
- Fixed AFL dialog sometimes missing vertical scrolling bar.
- Updated EOD version to 1.6.
- Updated NAACCR translated edits to version 005-01 translated from NAACCR_v18C_20190405.smf.
- Fixed cursor location being lost when auto-saving is on.
- Updated embedded JRE to java 12.
Version 2.14.2 (released on 02/28/2019)
- Fixed padding of some NAACCR items not done properly, resulting in some NAACCR edits failing.
- Fixed images not properly displayed in the configuration pages.
- Updated EOD library to version 1.5.
- Updated validation engine to version 2.4.
- Updated NAACCR edits to version 004-04 translated from NAACCR_v18B_20181005_release.smf.
Version 2.14.1 (released on 02/12/2019)
- Fixed a bug that prevented creating installers from the File menu items.
- Changed the shortcuts dialog to open in the center of the main SEER*Abs window.
Version 2.14 (released on 02/11/2019)
- Updated SEER edits to version SE18-018-12.
- Added support for online manuals; the help menu item will open a given URL instead of a given local PDF file.
- Site-specific surgery tables are now based on the DX year.
- Fixed the edits overview not working properly for NAACCR edits.
- Updated NAACCR edits to version 004-03, translated from NAACCR_v18B_20181005_release.smf.
- Replaced internal XML library used to load editor layout XML files.
- Replaced internal XML library used to load search layout XML files.
- Added undo/redo functionality to all text fields in the record editor; a side effect of this feature is that text typed in boxes accepting only uppercase letters will be uppercase as the characters are typed instead of when the box loses focus.
- The application now uses its own embedded Java Runtime Environment. Initial version of the embedded JRE is 11.0.2.
- Updated embedded manuals PDF; some of the old manuals got changed to a online link.
- Added new auto-save feature to the record editor, can be turn on in the user preferences.
Version 2.13.2 (released on 12/07/2018)
- Fixed EOD lookup not always showing up.
- Replaced internal XML library used to load XML help files.
Version 2.13.1 (released on 11/26/2018)
- Fixed an issue in version 2.13 installer.
- Updated validation engine and other supporting libraries.
- Updated SEER edits to version SE18-018-09.
- Replaced internal XML library used to load script help XML file.
- Switched font of search pages to fix a problem with highlighting searched values.
- Replaced internal XML library used to load autocomplete terms XML file.
- Fixed API error message not properly parsed.
- Replaced internal XML library used to load lookups XML file.
Version 2.13 (released on 10/26/2018)
- Added SCHEMA_ID and AJCC_ID read-only fields to the default abstract data entry form; those field needs to be computed and provided to the SEER and NAACCR edits.
- Updated validation engine.
- Updated SEER edits to version SE18-018-07.
- Updated NAACCR translated edits to version 003-01, translated from NAACCR_v18A_20181002_release.smf
- Fixed a bug preventing SSDI lookup from being found.
- Add CoC Accredited Flag to default abstract layout and modified default staging script.
- Updated MPH library, the Heme Same Primary Calculator is now accepting two years as input instead of one.
- Updated supporting library to fix a minor issue in field alignment; this would only affect flat NAACCR extracts.
- Updated Census Tract Indicator, SEER Cause of Death Classification and RUCA/URIC algorithms; renamed two keys in 'calculateRuralUrban' context method.
- Updated EOD staging algorithm to version 1.4.
- Updated several library dependencies.
- Changed the way context entries are referenced in edits; this change was necessary since the old way to reference contexts will be removed soon.
- Fixed an error happening when trying to restore a configuration.
- Improved update checking dialog.
- Change default lookup script to disable updating lookup if the NAACCR version supported by SEER*DMS is not the same as the one supported by SEER*Abs.
- Improved fields lookup.
- Added support for receiving compressed API calls.
- It is now possible to include lookups when creating a customized installer, and to automatically update those lookups when applying the installer.
- Added new auto-backup feature; this is turned off by default but can be turned on in the main configuration file.
Version 2.12.4 (released on 09/12/2018)
- Fixed an connection issue that would result in making the GUI creation non-responsive.
Version 2.12.3 (released on 09/10/2018)
- Fixed a problem in the record editor that resulted in an application crash.
- Updated SEER edits to SE18-018-05.
Version 2.12.2 (released on 08/02/2018)
- Updated SEER edits to version SE18-018-03.
- Fixed an error triggered by opening a CS lookup for specific cases.
- Changed default memory setting in ini file to allow for 1GB instead of 512MB.
- Updated support libraries: validation to version 1.9, layout to version 1.11, algorithms to version 1.15, naaccr-xml to version 4.10 and staging-client to version 4.1.
- Switched SEER and NAACCR translated edits to pre-compiled edits to make them initialize and execute faster.
Version 2.12.1 (released on 07/03/2018)
- Updated SEER edits to version SE18-018-02.
- Updated Staging TNM to version 1.9 and EDO to version 1.3.
- Fixed displaying of "Do not code" field in SEER*Rx drugs page; values were inverted in the interface.
- Added behavior as a parameter to all EOD-related staging context methods.
- Added new context methods to get default staging values.
Version 2.12 (released on 05/16/2018)
- Now loading SEER*RX drugs from JSON file instead of XML.
- Changed technical support email in the About dialog.
- Updated TNM staging to version 1.8 and EOD staging to version 1.2.
- Updated SEER edits to version SE18-018-01.
- Fixed field documentation sometimes not rendering properly because of special characters.
- Fixed an error happening when clicking an edit dependency in the edit info dialog.
- Added support for default EOD lookups.
- Added support for displaying markdown help for new staging lookups.
- Fixed a bug in the copy record feature resulting in some staging field being blanked out when copying a record.
- Changed value of DEAD for vital status from 4 to 0 as per NAACCR 18 specifications, all existing records will be migrated.
- Switched default installation to NAACCR 18.
- Added support for a provided licensed EOD staging algorithm; by default the application only contains the publicly available EOD algorithm but this will allow registries to plug the licensed version if they are allowed to.
- Added support for EOD staging page.
- Added specific logic for Grade field on the Disease search page to align with the behavior of the corresponding website.
- Added dependencies required for the application to run under Java 9.
Version 2.11.3 (released on 05/15/2018)
- Fixed a bug in the read NAACCR flat/XML file context method.
Version 2.11.2 (released on 03/19/2018)
- Fixed a bug preventing the create-record-from-reference-record feature from working correctly.
- Updated SEER edits to version SE16-016-11.
- Added new context method to allow API calls from Action scripts.
- Fixed expanded dialog shortcut to work with read-only fields.
- Fixed an error triggered when dynamically hiding/showing tabs in the record editor.
- Fixed a bug in the validation that would sometimes results in the a field being incorrectly highlighted in red.
- Fixed wrong file being display in the configuration editor.
- Updated TNM framework to version 1.5.
- Improved installer so it detects suspicious upgrades.
Version 2.11.1 (released on 10/30/2017)
- Fixed a problem with edits initialization that resulted in many staging-related edits to fail when they shouldn't.
- Changed default behavior for editor encoding: if the value is left blank then the default is to report encoding issues, except for non-printable control characters.
- Added missing history for new dictionary configuration file.
Version 2.11 (released on 10/24/2017)
- Upgrading Algorithm library to version 1.8. This included an update to the NAPIIA algorithm.
- Addressed a bug that could sometimes crash the GUI.
- Updated SEER edits to version SE16-016-06.
- Moved NAACCR dictionary to its own folder in the configuration folder.
- Added new configuration properties to set the target configuration and/or database backup folder.
- Removed default SQL driver library since most installations are now using API calls. Connecting to a database is still feasible but the SQL driver JAR file needs to be manually copied and maintained in the libs/driver folder.
- Support a "new version check" mechanism
- Moved the location of the delete and exit buttons in the toolbar of the record editor to avoid clicking them by mistake.
- Fixed a bug where text fields updated via a script would not be correctly updated in the text viewer panel.
- Done button is now disabled in expanded text dialog if the dialog is read-only; only the cancel button can be used.
- Added support for viewing the main properties file as a table in the configuration file editor.
- It is now possible to set an applicable DX year when using the Multiple Primary rules and calculator.
- Changed default reference NAACCR record import to use the new NAACCR XML framework. For now the script still reads flat files but it can very easily be switched to read XML files.
- Changed default passwords for the demo version to be Pa$$word instead of password so it uses a valid password.
- Added full support for editing NAACCR dictionaries.
- Added a new tool button in the record editor to bring up a Multiple Primary Rules dialog.
- Copying bad characters in the record editor will now trigger an error. Bad characters are non-printable controls characters, or characters that do not correspond to the default encoding specified in the main configuration file.
- Removed support for "internal" dark red edit failures; those will now use the regular lighter red color to be more consistent.
- Added new "getInputFolder" and "getOutputFolder" methods in the Groovy context of the scripts.
- Re-designed the configuration module to be more user-friendly.
Version 2.10.3 (released on 08/18/2017)
- Updated NAACCR XML library to version 4.0 (now using NAACCR XML specifications 1.3).
- Updated SEER edits to version SE16-016-04.
- Fixed a minor issue in showInputDialog context method.
- Updated NAACCR translated edits from NAACCR_v16E_20170527.rmf.
- Added the NAACCR XML specification to the About dialog.
- Added new logging utility method to the context of the edits.
- Made record deletion safer.
Version 2.10.2 (released on 06/01/2017)
- Fixed an exception happening when trying to format dates in the worklist for entities having missing a missing value or an unexpected date format.
- Updated SEER edits to version SE16-016-03
- Fixed behavior of the select link in the text viewer when the target field is read-only.
- Fixed dialog not being read-only when using the edit link in the text viewer for a target field that is read-only.
- Fixed an error happening when switching between SEER*Abs and other applications.
- Changed applicable year for Heme database to 2017; this should have been done with the 2.10 release.
- Updated NAACCR XML library to version 3.0 (now using NAACCR XML specifications 1.2).
Version 2.10.1 (released on 04/17/2017)
- Updated staging library to TNM 1.4.
- Updated algorithms library to version 1.7.
- Fixed an error happening when double-clicking a row of the edits failure view in the record editor.
- Added new context methods for reading NAACCR data files as fixed-columns or as XML files; these methods are meant to be used to read reference NAACCR records.
- Added new context method to get NPCR required Site Specific Factors.
Version 2.10 (released on 03/09/2017)
- Updated SEER edits to version SE16-016-02.
- Updated PostgreSQL driver. The driver is only used when SEER*Abs uses straight SQL connection to a PostgreSQL database.
- Added support for collecting both CS and TNM.
- Updated NAACCR translated edits from NAACCR_v16D_20170216.rmf.
- Fixed bug in version history resulting in some versions not being displayed.
- Updated TNM library to version 1.3.
- Fixed a bug introduced in version 2.9.4 preventing the SEER*Abs edits from being correctly loaded.
- Added the "Revised Coding Instructions for 2017" manual.
- Upgraded NAACCR XML library to version 2.3.
- Added new editor context method to allow changing the label of a given tab.
- Added support for providing condition for SEER and NAACCR edits.
- Fixed an issue where "change status" was enabled in the worklist popup even if no entity was selected.
- Fixed the sorting of the DX Date and Last Modified columns in the worklist.
- Fixed some script context methods being available when they were not supposed to be.
- Added support for configuration backups.
Version 2.9.5 (released on 01/03/2017)
- Fixed a bug preventing the edits from correctly running.
Version 2.9.4 (released on 12/23/2016)
- Fixed references to the SEER website which was changed from http to https.
- Output folder set in the user preferences was not correctly used as a default value in the extract interface.
- Updated SEER edits to version SE16-015-08.
- Added a new menu item under the Help menu to test a web-services connection against the configured server.
Version 2.9.3 (released on 09/14/2016)
- Updated SEER edits to version SE16-015-07.
- Added a new context method to get the failing edit IDs for the current record.
- Fixed a bug that could result in Java not being found even if it is actually available on the machine.
Version 2.9.2 (released on 08/11/2016)
- Updated SEER edits to version SE16-015-06.
- Fixed a bug preventing fields with line returns from being correctly extracted.
- Updated NAACCR translated edits from 'NAACCR_v16A RMF.rmf'.
Version 2.9.1 (released on 07/28/2016)
- Updated TNM to version 1.2.
- Updated SEER edits to version SE16-015-05.
- SEER*Abs now requires Java 8.
- Updating SEER manual to the 2016 version.
Version 2.9 (released on 07/15/2016)
- Changed default installation to use the new NAACCR XML framework. By default, extracts will still output flat files, but that can be changed by switching the "synch.export.file.abstract.use.xml" configuration variable . See Squish #2068.
- Added staging TNM version in the About dialog.
- Added new context methods to get the staging required fields for a given schema.
- Updated SEER edits to SE16-015-04 and translated edits from NAACCR_v16.rmf. These versions use the NAACCR 16 fields and TNM 1.1.
- The validation framework was updated to use staging schema ID instead of staging schema name. This change affects the edits, the default abstract layout and some other scripts.
Version 2.8.3 (released on 06/29/2016)
- Fixed an error preventing the abstraction of AFLs, this bug was introduced in version 2.8.1.
Version 2.8.2 (released on 05/19/2016)
- Fixed some bad column locations in the NAACCR documentation of some of the standard fields.
- Added support for new NAACCR XML format through some context methods; this change will have no effect unless the configuration is changed to call those new methods.
- Changed TNM staged by fields to be length 2 instead of 1 in the default configuration; this change should have been done in version 2.8.
Version 2.8.1 (released on 03/04/2016)
- Fixed records not being auto-closed when deleted from the worklist.
- Fixed the SSF25 discriminator lookup not always available when sex has been provided.
- Now cutting off the failing edit tooltip if the message is too long.
- Removed value 3D from TNM Stg Group lookups.
- Fixed installer not working correctly when no reference database exists.
- Fixed issue in the installer when it doesn't contain a customized configuration.
Version 2.8 (released on 02/16/2016)
- Updated FORDS manual to 2016.
- Fixed a bug in multiple primary calculator causing an exception.
- It is now possible to always open the staging lookups full screen through a user preferences.
- Added support for NAACCR 16.
- Added support for TNM staging.
- Changed vendor name prefix from "SRAbs" to "S*A" to allow the full version to be copied to the 10 characters NAACCR field.
- Updated SEER edits to SE15-014-03 and NAACCR edits translated from NAACCR_v15A_2015Oct08.rmf.
- Changed the two Grade SEER*Abs edits to only fail for 2014+ cases.
- Added the configuration version to the installer before and after the upgrade.
Version 2.7.6 (released on 01/25/2016)
- Fixed search in hematopoietic diseases page; updated data to 2016.
Version 2.7.5 (released on 12/16/2015)
- Internal edits were not properly evaluated when opening a record; they were only updated when exiting a specific field.
Version 2.7.4 (released on 11/20/2015)
- Updated the validation engine that runs the edits.
- Updated SEER edits to SE15-014-03 and translated edits from NAACCR_v15A_2015Oct08.rmf. These versions use the NAACCR 15 fields and CS 020550.
- Fixed tabbing issue in reference data pages.
Version 2.7.3 (released on 07/22/2015)
- Re-added missing Groovy XML dependency that got removed by mistake in version 2.7.
Version 2.7.2 (released on 06/24/2015)
- Fixed some shortcuts in the facility and physician lookups.
- Fixed a bug where the embedded rule of the last field of the page wouldn't be properly triggered when using a lookup.
- Fixed utility CSV methods not handling inner quotes and new lines correctly. This change goes with some modification to the configuration files loading CSV files, but those modifications will be done as part of the next major release...
- Fixed a random exception, usually happening when using the configuration module with Java 8.
- Fixed configuration editor being displayed under the application window when using Java 8.
- Fixed an exception happening sometimes when a record was validated.
Version 2.7.1 (released on 04/08/2015)
- Replaced the CStage DLL by a pure java implementation.
- Renamed field "Recurrence and Metastases" to "Progression and Transformation" in the Hemato search page.
- Updating SEER manual to the 2015 version.
- Updated NAACCR translated edits using the NAACCR_v15_2015Feb20.rmf metafile.
- Changed the ICCC algorithm (available as a context method) from Third Edition to WHO 2008.
- Improved hematopoietic search page so it shows the information relevant only for the current DX year (2015 for now).
- Added more information in the log when a users attempt to login.
- Fixed an issue where the failing edit message in the status bar would disappear too quickly.
Version 2.7 (released on 02/18/2015)
- Updated Heme manual to latest version available.
- Fixed context method "setEditorToReadOnly"; component exceptions were not working correctly anymore.
- Updated SEER edits to version SE15-013-01. This version uses the NAACCR 15 fields and CS 020550.
- Fixed an issue with default values for checkboxes and radio buttons.
- Fixed "on-record-deleted" script not being called when deleting records from the worklist.
- The application now requires Java 7 at minimum.
- Updated FORDS manual to 2015 version.
- Added new context method to save the currently edited record.
- Updated default abstract layout to NAACCR 15.
- Fixed some minor GUI issues when using the "classic" Windows theme.
- Added link in help pages to copy context method to clipboard.
- Removed option in the installer to create a mirror copy of the configuration with only the modified files; all the files will now be included.
- Added a new attributes to the checkbox and optionBox fields allowing them to be toggled when their label is clicked instead of displaying their documentation.
- Added new script context methods to deal with CSV files.
- Added new context methods to get calculated rural variables.
- It is now possible to provide the content of a dropdown field straight into the layout XML file without having to define a new lookup. See the 'dropdown-content' field attribute.
- It is now possible to auto-close the progress dialog when executing a script from the Action menu; other options were added as well.
- Added better support for detecting non-ASCII characters in configuration files.
Version 2.6.3 (released on 01/14/2015)
- Fixed an exception happening when refreshing the GUI from a script.
Version 2.6.2 (released on 01/08/2015)
- Fixed an issue in the installer when copying a customized configuration folder.
Version 2.6.1 (released on 10/27/2014)
- Fixed an error happening with lookup marked as auto-sort=false.
- Added a new "getPreviousValue()" context method; it can be used to allow the jump rules to be triggered only when the user actually changes a value.
- Added a new utility method to close the record currently being edited.
- Added support for updating a configuration property from the startup script.
- Fixed an exception when the synchronization page is hidden.
- Added fields to the SEER*Rx drugs and the HematoDB diseases; updated the search algorithm to comply with the one used on the websites.
- Added support for disabling auto-forwarding and lookup-validation at the layout and field level using attributes in the XML definition file.
Version 2.6 (released on 09/09/2014)
- Added a feature for the admin to be able to auto-generate a password for a new user.
- Added support for optionally remembering the last facility used during login: this is done by adding a "-Dremember.facility=true" line to the "seerabs.l4j.ini" file.
- The installation executable file was renamed from "seerabs-installer.exe" to "seerabs-ip.exe" to avoid Windows detecting it as in installation program and requiring extra privileges.
- Fixed an error in the installer causing the upgrade from a very old version to crash.
- It is now possible to create different record types from an AFL instead of always creating the first type defined in the list of supported type; this is accomplish by returning the requested type from the "on-afl-abstracted" script.
- Changed the format of the database backups to include the current application version number.
- The tooltip is now displaying all the failures when mousing over a field with edit errors; the one displayed in the status bar and with Ctrl+P is the first one displayed in the tooltip.
- Updated SEER edits to version SE14-012-03.
- The generic startup script is now executed before the main GUI window is created; a new context method "updateLoginProgress" was also added to be able to customize the message displayed in the login window.
- Fixed a bug where the default sorting of the worklist would not be properly honored when the maximum number of results is reached.
- Changed edits syntax in XML files: ruleset became category or condition (depending on the XML file). Also replaced the NPCR XML file by the full NAACCR translated file.
- Removed support for running SEER*DMS patient set and/or record edits.
- Fixed an issue where the focus would not be properly re-apply to the editor when coming back to it from a different manager.
- Improved the failing edits view in the record editor; it is now possible to resize the view, filter the edits displayed in the table, and view all loaded edits instead of just the failing one.
- The synchronization manager is now entirely hidden if no synchronization methods are supported.
- Added support for showing warning/error dialogs from scripts.
- Fixed an issue where outer sections wouldn't honor the width attribute requested in the XML layout.
- Improved error reported when trying to view a missing manual.
- Added an option in the menu to login as a different user.
- Reviewed and improved the shortcuts help window.
- Improved the Version History window.
- Improved the speed of validating the data entry form when many edits are enabled.
- Added shortcuts to scroll the text viewer without leaving the record editor (Alt+Up, Down, PageUp and PageDown).
- Made the change log history available to the installer; there is no a "View Changes" button at the bottom of the installer window; it can be clicked at any time during the installation process.
- Added icons to the tab headers in the search manager.
- Improve edits and scripts methods help dialogs
- Added an "Active" column to the edits overview in the configuration manager.
- Now including the column headers when copying an entire table into the clipboard.
- Updated the SEER manual to the 2014 version.
- Added a new Field Lookup window accessed from the editor (Ctrl+F) that allows searching for a particular field and jumping to that field very quickly.
Version 2.5.5 (released on 07/02/2014)
- The installer and application executable files (.exe) were not properly signed anymore.
Version 2.5.4 (released on 06/16/2014)
- Updated HematoDB diseases data.
- Added a timestamp to the default installer name when it is creating from within the application.
- Added a warning in the configuration about the fact that support for running SEER*DMS edits will be removed in version 2.6.
- When defining lookups, it is now possible to use the order provided in the XML file instead of having the application always sorting by code; this is done by setting the "auto-sort" attribute to false.
- Fixed more table sizing issues in the CStage and Surgery lookup windows.
Version 2.5.3 (released on 04/22/2014)
- Updated HematoDB data.
- Updated the SEER edits to version SE14-011-04; IF395 now allows blank DX year and IF164_B is now skipped for 2013+ cases.
Version 2.5.2 (released on 03/18/2014)
- Fixed an issue with the isFieldShown() context method.
- Fixed a row sizing issue in the CStage and Surgery lookups.
- Added a missing context method "showInputDialog" taking a single argument, the layout file name. The method was referenced in the help but had not been implemented.
- The option to start the application after an upgrade is now selected by default if the installer contains a customized configuration.
Version 2.5.1 (released on 01/23/2014)
- Fixed some warnings in the configuration pages about missing lookups that shouldn't have been reported.
- Fixed exception in the installer when trying to update an edits file (SEER or NPCR) that doesn't exist.
- Updated the HematoDB search pages, a few new fields have been added and the data and manual have been updated.
Version 2.5 (released on 12/23/2013)
- Updated default lookups (they are used when making a full installation) to take into account the changes from NAACCR 14.
- The "Central Registry Note" title in the field description for registry-specific content has been removed; to achieve the same behavior as before, just add the title as a prefix to all the description tags.
- Added new context methods to access the CoC required CStage factors.
- Removed support for the ICD code lists dialog; all the information form that dialog is also available in the individual diseases. Note that the lists are still available in the online HematoDB website.
- Updated default layout, extract and NAACCR fields documentation to NAACCR 14.
- Updated Collaborative Stage DLL to version 020550.
- Updated the SEER edits to version SE14-011-01 and the NPCR edits from the translated metafile "NAACCR_v14_2013Nov26.rmf"; those edits are now based on CStage 0205.
- Added a contextual menu item to switch to the expanded window for large text fields.
- Format of the dates in SEER*DMS web-services changed; SEER*Abs now supports both the old and new formats.
- Added edit name to the table of failing edits in the record editor; this is particularly useful for the SEER and NAACCR translated edits (NPCR).
- Added support for hiding the Drugs and Hematopoietic Diseases search pages; this is done by setting 'support.seerrx.drugs' and 'support.hematodb.diseases' keys to false in the main configuration file.
- Added a context method to calculate the survival time in months.
- Improved the re-sizing of the main application window which could be very slow and sometimes leave the application in a bad state.
- Added context methods to calculate NHIA, NAPIIA, SEER Site Recode, ICCC Recode and Historic Stage. See the scripts methods under the help menu for more information on how to use those methods.
- Updated database module (Derby) and search module (Lucene); this change will require the persisted data to be re-indexed, which will happen automatically during the upgrade.
- The multiple primaries calculator and ICD codes lists icons in the editor have been replaced by search icons triggering searches in the search manager; the calculator is still available from the HematoDB search page.
- Fixed a bug in all the scripts that connect to SEER*DMS using its web services (API); a single downloaded entity wouldn't be correctly persisted.
- Now displaying all the shortcuts in the same dialog; added an option to export them to a CSV file.
- Fixed weird behavior of the copy/paste feature accessed through the contextual menu (right-click).
- Fixed parenthesis in the editor's text viewer not re-sizing properly.
- Changed how the site is searched in the worklist from an exact matched to a contained one (this is a default configuration change).
- Removed severity from the edit info dialog; this is a SEER*DMS concept that doesn't apply to SEER*Abs.
- Add functions to get the derived CS fields
- Now displaying field name instead of label in edit failures table.
- Added a contextual menu in edits and lookups tables in preview of configuration file editor.
- Added the conf and DB folders to the View menu when the current user is the admin.
- It is now possible to force the focus on any field in the form when a record is created or opened; this is accomplished by adding a "focused-field" to the root tag of the XML layout file.
- Changed the default behavior of the editor to show 5 rows instead of 1 when the number of rows is not provided for a unlimited-string text box.
- Added searched columns in worklist help dialog.
- Added a restart option to the configuration module and the installer.
Version 2.4.3 (released on 05/21/2013)
- Added a button on the HematoDB search page to view the Multiple Primary Calculator.
- Fixed an exception happening sometimes during a facility or physician search.
- Added utility methods to get the fields for a particular tab or section.
- Fixed an issue where the editor would be non-responsive when the preferences are set to automatically hide the text panel.
- Fixed an issue where the CStage format would be lost when resizing the font of the editor.
- Fixed an issue where embedded rule would not be triggered when selecting a value in a lookup for a field that is last on a page.
Version 2.4.2 (released on 03/22/2013)
- Fixed an issue with address field not showing their NAACCR documentation.
- Added NAACCR version for the field help in About dialog.
- Fixed a bug where the field label was wrongly added in the HTML field description dialog.
- Fixed some issues with place, state and country fields in default layout.
- Updated SEER manual to 2013.
Version 2.4.1 (released on 03/05/2013)
- Updated SEER edits to version SE13-009-02.
- Fixed code that accidentally created an action info file into the manuals folder.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the creation of a customized installer.
- Changed default ignore edits script to also ignore some SEER dependencies edits.
Version 2.4 (released on 02/27/2013)
- Updated the default local file import script to handle NAACCR files instead of CSV files.
- Updated NPCR edits from metafile 'NAACCR_v13_2012Dec17.rmf'
- Updated FORDS manual to 2013.
- Fixed some resizing issues in the tables displaying the ICD codes lists.
- The industry and occupation lookups got renamed in SEER*DMS; fixed the names in the download script.
- It is now possible to test scripts requiring an input (like a file, database connection, etc...) through the configuration file editor.
- Fixed default script template so it doesn't throw an exception when it isn't customized, but instead displays a one-line warning.
- It is now possible to run a shared script when a record is created or opened without having to tie it to a field; this is done using the 'run-on-entity-opened' optional parameter on the 'shared-script' tag.
- Switch all the 'fuzzy' searches to 'contains' searches which provide more expected results.
- Fixed boolean fields not being correctly assigned in facility download script.
- Changed the default Abstract layout so the RX Hosp Radiation field uses a lookup that doesn't contain the values 6-8 which are not allowed according to the NAACCR documentation.
- Added a new type of field called 'password' to be used in customized dialog for requesting a password form the user.
- Change the behavior of the paste in the form so it inserts the new text instead of replacing the old one. Note that when using the contextual menu triggered from the mouse, the text will always be inserted at the beginning.
- Updated SEER edits to version SE13-009-01 and NPCR edits from metafile 'NAACCR_v13_2012Dec17.rmf'..
- Updated default configuration from NAACCR 12.2 to NAACCR 13. Also removed NAACCR 12.2 manual; it is not being replaced by another PDF file since NAACCR stopped providing those files (embedded NAACCR13 documentation is available when clicking the field labels though).
Version 2.3.3 (released on 10/17/2012)
- Fixed a bug that prevented the CStage lookup from being correctly displayed.
Version 2.3.2 (released on 09/12/2012)
- Updated SEER edits to version SE12-008-02.
- Updated SEER and FORDS manuals, removed SEER Surgery Codes manual.
- Updated HematoDB data to 2012-05-23 to be used for 2012+ cases.
Version 2.3.1 (released on 08/14/2012)
- Fixed an issue in the search context method where too many results were returned when using lowercased boolean operators.
- Fixed a bug where the Multiple Primaries Calculator would display two messages when one of the code is not valid.
- Fixed Expanded Text dialog being displayed in a read-only editor.
- Fixed tabbing not working properly for button components.
Version 2.3 (released on 05/25/2012)
- Updated HematoDB to the latest 2010 data (version 2012-05-16).
- Fixed an issue where a single digit value would not be correctly validated against a lookup containing two-digit values.
- Updated SEER edits to version SE12-007-02 and NPCR edits from metafile 'NAACCR_v12_2B.rmf'.
- Fixed an error in the AFL download script (see Default Configuration Version History).
- Added a warning in the configuration when ignoring an edit that cannot be ignored because other non-ignored edits depend on it.
- Fixed a file handles leak.
- Updated HematoDB data to version 2012-02-21.
- Improved the SEER*Rx and HematoDB GUI.
- Failing edit message for current field is not properly cleaned-up when field looses focus.
- Added a more powerful way to ignore edits: they can now be defined as the result of a script; the old mechanism is still supported.
- Set defaults for SS Factors that are not required by SEER
- Inter-field edits are not correctly shown on the bottom of the editor
- Same primaries dialog minor issues
- Fixed tab headers font not being refreshed when increasing or decreasing the editor's font.
- Added more information about how fields are searched to inline help dialogs.
- Improved text viewer in the record editor.
- NPCR edits translated from the NAACCR metafile are now available; they can be turned on using the 'edits.load.npcr=true' configuration parameter.
- Added support for dynamically hiding/showing entire tabs in the data entry forms.
- The user will now have to change his password if it was reset by the admin.
- Passwords should expire
Version 2.2.5 (released on 03/30/2012)
- Fixed an issue causing an embedded script to not execute when selecting a value from a lookup.
Version 2.2.4 (released on 02/17/2012)
- Fixed an issue where the text panel would not be properly refreshed for large text fields.
Version 2.2.3 (released on 02/07/2012)
- It is now possible to call the installer with a command-line option specifying the target installation folder: 'seerabs-installer -t=C:seerabs'
Version 2.2.2 (released on 01/27/2012)
- Fixed an issue where a text field could be assigned the value of the previously saved record when creating a new record from the menu item without closing the previous one.
Version 2.2.1 (released on 01/26/2012)
- Updated SEER edits to version SE12-006-03; that version uses CStage 0204.
- Fixed a few issues with the logic that hides/shows the SSF on the CStage page; this is a configuration-only change.
- Fixed an exception happening when no default import path was defined for a reference record type in the main configuration.
Version 2.2 (released on 01/04/2012)
- Updated Collaborative Stage to Build/Version Number 02.04.40.
- Updated SEER edits to version SE12-006-01; that version uses CStage 0204.
Version 2.1 (released on 01/04/2012)
- Updated SEER edits to version SE12-005-08; that version still runs on CStage 0203.
- Updated database module (Derby) and search module (Lucene); this change will require the data to be re-indexed, which will happen automatically during the upgrade.
- Added support for calling an external Groovy script from an embedded script.
- It is now possible to define an embedded Groovy script on the top of a layout XML file and call it from several embedded rules within that layout.
- Added two more context methods to allow more complex CStage logic in the embedded scripts (checkCsSchemaExists and checkCsDiscriminoatorRequired)
- It is now possible to run the SEER edits on more than just the 'abstract' subtype. See the comments in the main configuration file on how to do that.
- Added a new configuration parameter, 'hide.user.manual', to hide the default User Manual and to provide a customized one instead.
- Now showing physician specialties as a list of abbreviations in the physician lookup and search page.
- Updated NAACCR Manual to latest version 12.2 available.
- The SEER edits changelog is now available under Help > Version History; it is displayed only if the SEER edits are enabled.
- Now displaying the discriminator lookup for SSF25 when it needs to be used as a discriminator.
- Fixed behavior of the default-value attribute. The value is now assigned only if the field doesn't have a previous value.
- Improved default Abstract layout. All the changes are optional.
- Now displaying warnings for suspicious things in the configuration.
- The NAACCR fields documentation is now maintained within the application instead of being defined in the abstract layout XML file.
- Fixed an error in the startup script that caused the user's last login date to not be updated correctly.
- A field can now be defined a 'required' in a layout, this will trigger a system edit if it is left blank.
- Fixed an issue with the Main Database Restore feature.
- Fixed some tabbing issues in the search pages.
- Added an Overview Lookups tab in the lookups editor.
- Removed the Canada Date of Death from the default abstract layout.
- Changed a few AFL-related scripts to better handle the case when an AFL is re-opened in SEER*DMS.
- Added input/output folders to the User Preferences dialog.
Version 2.0.2 (released on 12/08/2011)
- Fixed an issue where the record would not be properly saved when exiting the application.
- Fixed an issue that caused the application to freeze.
Version 2.0.1 (released on 11/07/2011)
- Changed default options for hardware acceleration in the ini file; this file is not copied over during the upgrade process, so this should have no impact on existing registries.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented the search from being triggered from the AFL dialog.
- Updated the site-specific surgery tables to the version currently available on the SEER website.
- Updated SEER edits to version SE12-005-05. There were no changes in the edits for this release, only a fix for a minor highlighting issue.
- Fixed an issue where the application could become non-responsive when deleting a large number of entities from the worklist or search page.
Version 2.0 (released on 08/18/2011)
- Updated default abstract layout to NAACCR version 12.2; there were no actual changes (some census fields were added but we do not show those in the layout).
- Added an option in the main configuration file to configure which record type can be created from which other type(s).
- Added an on-entity-searched tag to allow scripts to be executed on the search page when a search is performed.
- Added right-click mouse contextual menu to most of the tables in the application. The content of the menu varies by table.
- Added a new attribute in the layout XML to allow a simple value to be assigned as a default for a particular field; the old way of assigning a default value through an embedded script can still be used.
- New records can now be created from reference data (records or patient sets); which properties are copied over can be customized in the 'script-action-record_created.groovy' script.
- Fixed an issue where the Find/Replace would not work as expected in the configuration file editor.
- Updated SEER edits to version SE12-004-03.
- Fixed an error in SEER required SSF, as reported by NCI: Peritoneum SSF3 and BileDuctsIntraHepat SSF11 were supposed to be clinically significant.
- Added an option in the main configuration to force the user to select a facility during the login; by default the option is set to false.
- Fixed minor tabbing issues in the record editor.
- Improved the record editor: replaced the toolbar buttons by icons, added contextual menus to the fields, improved the edits dialog, etc...
- Added support for user-defined shortcuts in the record editor; those can be defined in the User Preferences dialog.
- Re-designed and improved the configuration manager.
- Re-designed and improved the Synchronization page. This involved mostly the Graphical User Interface.
- Integrated SEER*Rx and the Hematopoietic and Lymphoid Database.
- Improved help in the configuration file editor.
- Added menu items to create a customized installer for upgrading laptops or transmitting the installation to technical support.
- Added support for user preferences.
- Added Ctrl+Space contextual help in the configuration editor.
Version 1.5.4 (released on 03/11/2011)
- Fixed an issue preventing a lookup window from being opened when it had been closed automatically by the application.
- Reviewed and updated all the notes in the surgeryO3 lookup.
Version 1.5.3 (released on 03/02/2011)
- Fixed a problem that generated an exception when an un-saved record was closed.
- Made a change to hide admin action scripts in the Action menu except for admin users.
- Fixed a problem that caused the getCurrentUser() context function to return null when called from the startup scripts.
- Fixed a problem where the record's status was changed to Completed even after canceling the operation.
- Updated SEER edits to version SE12-004-01.
Version 1.5.2 (released on 01/24/2011)
- Fixed an error in required SSF - BileDuctsIntraHepat: SSF11 was marked as clinically significant instead of SSF10 as needed for staging.
Version 1.5.1 (released on 01/18/2011)
- Updated FORDS and SEER (Appendix C) manuals. Manuals are part of the configuration, but these will be automatically updated by the SEER*Abs installer.
- Changes to the site-specific surgery lookup
- SEER Edits have been updated to version 2011-01-10. Note that this version does not include the changes for the new Collaborative Stage Build/Version Number 02.03.02.
- Updated Collaborative Stage to Build/Version Number 02.03.02.
Version 1.5 (released on 12/01/2010)
- Updated NAACCR manual from version 12 to 12.1 (this change will also be applied by the installer when upgrading).
- Removed default support for Casefinding and HL7 reference data; those types are too registry-specific and having a default version does not make any sense.
- Updated all database-related scripts to be compatible with PostgreSQL instead of Oracle.
- Removed casefinding layout (and casefinding scripts) from the default configuration.
- Updated SEER edits to version 2010-10-08
- Changed default value for entity type in worklist to be "any" instead of "abstract".
- The Summary section is now available when creating an abstract from an existing one (Copy button); that was the only section that could not be copied over.
- Added support to un-archive abstract records: a new section is shown when opening an ARCHIVED record and it contains a button to reset the record status to COMPLETED.
- Increased default size of Collaborative Stage dialogs and set the divider in the middle so that by default both the table and the notes are visible.
- Updated abstract layout to NAACCR 12.1 (no actually changes since only census and overrides fields were added and we do not show those); also updated the NAACCR manuals.
- Added support for running SEER*DMS edits; an XML file can be generated from SEER*DMS, then copied into the 'conf/edits/' folder, and then turned on in the main configuration file. Detailed steps are provided in the Squish issue.
- Modified default import-lookups and load-lookups to use the second version of the updateLookup() method; that method works with both variant and non-variant lookups.
- When installing SEER*Abs from scratch, the default NAACCR lookups will be automatically added to the newly created database.
- Action scripts and manuals menu item can now be more customized (the order can be changed and a separator can be added).
- Set minimum size of application window to 1024x768 to avoid weird resizing behavior.
- Added a new Version History menu item under the Help menu; it is a table with all the changes that went into the application since version 1.1.
Version 1.4.2 (released on 09/01/2010)
- The 'lib' directory containing the application library files is now automatically included in the backup when updating the application.
- The 'support.afl' configuration key was supposed to have a default value of true, but it was set to false.
Version 1.4.1 (released on 08/03/2010)
- Fixed a bug introduced in version 1.4 where read-only fields were not skipped anymore in the tabbing sequence.
Version 1.4 (released on 06/25/2010)
- Added new section attributes 'gap-before-section' and 'gap-after-section'.
- Fixed a bug where edits were not calculated when creating a new record (they were only calculated after tabbing out of the first field).
- Added a visual indication when pasting too much text in a multi-line text box.
- Added an optional Boolean parameter to all the "save" and "update" context methods; if set to false, the date last modified won't be updated. Default is true.
- Changed internal representation of dates from the internal java time to a string format 'yyyyMMddHHmmssSSS'. The only script affected was the purge-entities script.
- Added new "getEntityById()" context method.
- Updated the CSv2 program (cstage.dll) to Build/Version Number: 02.02.00.
- Updated SEER edits to version 2010-05-26
- It is now possible to create any record type from any record type using the "Copy" button (it was restricted to creating Abstracts).
- Added an optional text viewer to the record editor. To be visible, the text viewer must be defined in the corresponding layout XML file in the configuration.
- Added lookups to the physician and facility fields of the path reports tab.
- Add the availability for an action script to stop the current action but return a status of 'abort'
- Large text box (unlimited-string type) now always shows the vertical scroll bar.
- Fixed a memory leak in the configuration file editor.
- Added a width attribute to section tag; it can be used to make sure that several sections with a visible border all have the same width.
- Added missing lookup 'lkup_cs_mets_at_dx_site' for the 4 CS Mets fields in abstract layout.
- Added an option to maintain a version number for the configuration. The configuration version is maintained by the registry administrator and displayed in the About dialog.
- SEER*Abs now supports lookups with duplicate codes through the concept of variant.
- Now using '9' for the unknown value of Grade Path Value/System instead of blank, so that one can tell the difference between the field not being coded and the field being coded to unknown.
- Improved Configuration File Editor.
- Added help for the available edit methods.
- The reference database can now be updated through the installer.
- Configuration File Editor can now test a script without having to close the Window.
Version 1.3.4 (released on 05/11/2010)
- Fixed a bug where the application would freeze when displaying the synchronization page.
- Fixed a bug where the application would freeze when trying to view read-only records.
Version 1.3.3 (released on 04/28/2010)
- Fixed the copy-to-abstract functionality; it was broken in the version 1.3.1 release.
Version 1.3.2 (released on 04/14/2010)
- Updated SEER edits, they are still not fully tested but they now contain all the NAACCR12/CSv2 changes.
- Fixed a bug in the abstract extraction script and the build-seer-validatable script where the calculated dates of admission and discharge were inverted.
Version 1.3.1 (released on 04/05/2010)
- Only admin users can now see the Administration Manual in the Help menu.
- Removed 'lkup_internal_yes_no' lookup, it was causing an exception (and was not very useful).
- Added 'on-field-toggled' script event for 'checkbox' and 'option' field types.
- Editor could not be set to read-only for new records.
- Fixed a bug where the installer would upgrade the database version when a target folder was selected by the user.
Version 1.3 (released on 03/08/2010)
- Updated the CSv2 program (cstage.dll) to Build/Version Number: 02.01.00. This version was released by the CSv2 team on 02/10/2010.
- Suppressed the display of obsolete codes in lookups.
- lkup_grade_path_system and lkup_grade_path_value are not external lookups anymore. They are now entirely defined in the lookups.xml file and include a "Blank" code as required by NAACCR.
- Section titles can now be dynamically modified through embedded scripts (text, style and color).
- The configuration file editor now contains a log tab where any warning/errors from embedded Groovy rule can easily be reviewed.
- Improved the filtering in the standard, collaborative stage, and site-specific surgery lookups. The search handles each word independently unless they are enclosed by double-quotes. The terms can be in any sequence. The search returns results that include term A and term B and term C, etc. Regular expressions are also supported in these lookups.
- Added a feature in the layout configuration to support multiple sections within a row. This allows you to have sections side-by-side with different attributes (e.g., spacing).
- The name and shown attributes were added to section and row tags. These allow sections to be referenced by Groovy methods. New methods were added to dynamically toggle the display of sections and rows.
- Added a configuration parameter to control whether AFLs are supported (support.afl).
- Casefinding is not required as a record type. The global shortcuts to create Abstract and Casefinding records were removed. All record types can be created with the same functionality (File Menu or Button).
- Added a second confirmation dialog to the purge entities script.
- Abstractor ID is included in the default extract filenames; and the file dialog was modified so that the user can modify the filename or folder.
- The default value for confirmation dialogs was changed to No. This change was made to prevent the user from accidentally responding Yes to a warning by pressing Enter or Space. The user will either need to tab to the No button or click No with the mouse.
- Added an advanced search feature to the facility and physician lookups.
- Trimming rules are now applied before running the edits.
- Fixed scrolling so it works even on top of large text boxes.
- User can now apply any values from the lookup windows.
- Lookups are not modal anymore.
- Added several script context methods to access the collaborative stage DLL; see methods help (they all start with 'getCs...').
- Added script method help to the configuration file editor.
- Added a filter to the log manager.
- Improved lookup windows size.
- Startup file has been moved from the configuration folder to the user-specific folder.
- The auto-complete control will now accept a value that is not in the pre-defined list (it was previously limited to values in the list).
- Added several configuration parameters to allow default import/export file names and folders.
- Improved script method documentation.
- Added two new search methods accessible to any script: one that returns entity IDs only (instead of the full entities) and one that returns the count only
- Created new attributes for standard lookups to suppress display of either code or description. In the past, both were required. The new tags that were added to the lookups XML are show-code, show-label, code-col-title, and label-col-title.
- The last size of the window is now remembered when re-opening a lookup.
- Fixed a bug where a field's color and modification were not properly registered when triggered by a script.
- It is no longer possible to open the same configuration file twice.
- Changed all text fields in default layout to be mixed case.
- Added a button in the default abstract layout to auto-populate some of the site-specific factors.
- Fixed some rules so that they do not modify archived records.
- Added a line length checking in the abstract extract script.
- Changed default configuration so that NPI is auto-set for physicians on the CTC tab.
- Now showing CDATA block in dark blue in the XML configuration files.
- PDF manuals can now be viewed from the configuration page.
- It is now possible to update text, color and style of labels from embedded scripts.
- Now supporting different styles and colors for field labels and section titles.
- Added a confirmation dialog when closing expanded text window.
- A message is now displayed in the popup when the user clicks a light bulb, but the lookup is not defined in the configuration.
- Added new surgery internal lookup.
Version 1.2.1 (released on 01/30/2010)
- Removed CTRL+A shortcut from editor since that is used by default to select all text from a text box.
- Fixed Abstract extract script. It would fail if a field contained a new line.
- Added a script method that returns the relevant site-specific factor indexes for a given site/hist/ssf25. See script methods help.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the SEER*Abs lookup from being called from the edits.
- Added a confirmation dialog to the complete action in the record editor. Use 'Escape' to cancel the action.
- Added Collaborative Stage title to each CS lookup.
- Fixed Hist/Behav lookup auto-filling rules; properties were renamed in version 1.2 but not updated in the rules
Version 1.2 (released on 01/29/2010)
- Added script helper method to persit and retrieve user-defined properties to/from the main database.
- Improved expanded text dialog
- Word-autocompletion popup was not always sized correctly.
- The CS version fields are now auto-populated.
- Reviewed the load scripts to make them faster.
- Updated SEER*Abs edits to use same syntax as SEER edits.
- Updated the CSv2 program (cstage.dll) to Build/Version Number: 02.00.01.
- Fixed a bug where a field with a shown length of 0 would still be displayed
- Fixed a bug where calling 'setCurrentValue' in an embedded script would cause the application to crash
- Now deleting index lock files that could have been left after a non-graceful application shutdown
- Added a new parameter in the main configuration to disable the patient reference data type
- Fixed a bug that prevented from setting the 'supported.ref.record.subtypes' parameter to blank
- New releases will now take place through a SEER*Abs installer
- Added support for button components in layouts
- Actions can now be restricted to the admin user only (other users won't see them in the menu)
- Fields can now be dynamically enabled/disabled through embedded scripts in the record editor
- Split the default configuration into its own library so it does not have to be fully distributed for each release
- Now showing a success dialog when recovering an extract successfully
- Script helper methods are now available through the 'Help' menu item; they are no longer available in the configuration manual
- CTRL-P now displays information about System edits (used to work only with non-System edits)
- Added support for option components in layouts
- It is now possible to open the existing Abstract corresponding to the current AFL from the AFL window.
- Coding Manuals can now be added/removed to the menu through the 'Coding Manuals' section in the configuration module
- Updated abstract layout and all related scripts from NAACCR 11.3 to NAACCR 12
Version 1.1 (released on 07/10/2009)
- Fixed a problem in filters to search for record data. Setting the filter for record type to short abstracts was returning abstract records.
- Added a 'File History' section to every configuration file. An entry will be added for each change that IMS makes to a file.
- Modified NAACCR extract to replace new lines by special tag (@$) instead of a blank space; that tag is recognized by SEER*DMS as a new line
- Added a Groovy utils method to get the number of failing edits in the record that is currently opened. This util (getNumFailingEdits) can be used in scripts to prevent completion of a record that has failing edits, for example.
- Renamed 'medicalRecordNumber' property in all record reference layouts; it was not correct and as a result was not searchable.
- Fixed error in middle name embedded script in patient search layout; value was blanked out if only 1 character long.
- Changed file size limit above which a configuration file is shown in the editor without any color syntax (used to be 750KB, now using 100KB).
- Fixed issue where a search containing blank space(s) would not return a result and would generated an exception in the log.
- Fixed an issue where changes to the worklist XML file would be reflected only after restarting the application (they are supposed to be applied right away).
- Made a few very minor fixes to some layouts/scripts (mostly left-over from the first release).