To analyze your cancer data in SEER*Stat, follow these basic steps:
- Download and install SEER*Prep.
- Using your own data management software and resources, create text or compressed text files containing your data according to the specifications outlined in Input File Formats.
- Use the Verify Data function in SEER*Prep to identify inconsistencies and formatting errors. It will not identify all problems in the data and is not intended to replace quality control measures taken in step 2 when creating your data files.
- Use the Create File function in SEER*Prep to create the SEER*Stat database.
- Closely examine the report generated by SEER*Prep. Correct any problems and repeat steps 3 and 4, if necessary.
- Start SEER*Stat. Your new database will be available in the list of databases on the Data Tab (for the appropriate sessions).