Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL)
Help me code for diagnosis year :
Code the primary site to skin when there is skin infiltration with large B-cell lymphoma, B-cell lymphoma or large cell lymphoma and the lymphoma is limited to skin and the regional lymph nodes. If there is involvement of lymph node(s) that are not regional for the skin site involved, or involvement of bone marrow or organ(s), do not code skin as the primary site. In this situation, skin is probably a metastatic site.
DLBCL of the CNS: Approximately 80% are supratentorial. 20-50% have multiple lesions. Approximately 20% have intraocular lesions. Many of the intraocular lesions are contralateral, and the patient may develop parenchymal lesions. Sporadic systemic recurrences may affect any organ but relatively frequently the testis and breast.
B-cell lymphoma, unclassifiable with features intermediate between DLBCL and Burkitt lymphoma: patients present with lymphadenopathy or mass lesions in extranodal sites. Some patients have a leukemic presentation.
DLBCL associated with chronic inflammation: common sites are pleural cavity, bone (especially femur) joining, and periarticular soft tissue. Tumor mass >10 cm in most cases.
Primary cutaneous DLBCL, leg type: these lymphomas usually affect the lower leg but 10-15% arise in other sites. Patient presents with red or bluish-red tumors on one or both of the lower legs. Frequently disseminates to other sites.
EBV pos DLBCL of elderly: 70% have extranodal involvement, most commonly skin, lung, tonsil, and stomach with or without LN involvement. The remaining 30% present with LN involvement only.
B-cell lymphoma, unclassifiable with features intermediate between DLBCL and Burkitt: more than half present with widespread extranodal disease. May have lesions in ileocecal region or jaws. Bone marrow and peripheral blood may be involved. Patients present with lymphadenopathy or mass lesions in extranodal site.
B-cell lymphoma, unclassifiable, with features intermediate between DLBCL and classical Hodgkin lymphoma: most commonly present with large anterior mediastinal mass with or without involvement of supraclavicular LN. Less commonly, other peripheral LN groups are involved. May be direct extension to lung as well as spread to liver and/or bone marrow.
Richter syndrome is a term that is used to describe the transformation from either CLL/SLL or hairy cell leukemia to DLBCL.