Data & Software for Researchers
About the SEER Data
The SEER research data include SEER incidence and population data associated by age, sex, race, year of diagnosis, and geographic areas (including SEER registry and county). SEER research data are released every Spring based on the previous November’s submission of data.
Use SEER data to address multiple topics, for example:
- Examine stage at diagnosis by race/ethnicity.
- Calculate survival by stage at diagnosis, age at diagnosis, tumor grade or size.
- Determine trends and incidence rates for various cancer sites over time.
- SEER*Stat version 8.3.4 (3/23/2017)
- Statistical software that provides a convenient, intuitive mechanism for the analysis of SEER and other cancer-related databases. It is a powerful personal computer tool to produce statistics for studying the impact of cancer on a population.
- SEER*Prep software version 2.5.3 (2/4/2016)
- Software that converts user-supplied ASCII text data files to the SEER*Stat database format, allowing analysis of population-based registry data using SEER*Stat.
- Health Disparities Calculator (HD*Calc) version 1.2.4 (10/29/2013)
- An extension of SEER*Stat designed to generate multiple summary measures to evaluate and monitor health disparities.
There are several Analytic Software tools that have been developed for the analysis and reporting of cancer statistics.
Documentation & Recodes
The Data Documentation & Variable Recodes provide information related to reporting and using SEER data and other data sets.
SEER Linked Datasets
- SEER-Medicare Linked Database
- SEER-Medicare Health Outcomes Survey (SEER-MHOS) Linked Database
- SEER-Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (SEER-CAHPS) Linked Data Resource
Download the printable Accessing SEER Data fact sheet [PDF - 718 KB].