Information for Cancer Registrars
NCI SEER promotes and guides cancer registrars to improve cancer registry data by providing pertinent information, education and training opportunities. This site will assist cancer registrars by providing:
- SEER data submission requirements, as well as SEER data items;
- Coding and staging manuals for up-to-date reporting guidelines;
- An Interactive query system and drug database, some of the software and services most used by SEER registrars.
- Registrar training from SEER and our partners.
- Information on Becoming a Cancer Registry Professional.
- Revised Coding Instructions for 2017 (January 4, 2017)
- Revised Solid Tumor Manual (MP/H) delayed until January 1, 2018
- In order to ensure the revised MP/H rules incorporate newly recommended ICD-O-3 histology terms and codes, the cancer registry community represented by the National Cancer Institute (NCI-SEER), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the National Cancer Data Base (NCDB), the American Joint Committee on Cancer (AJCC), and the Commission on Cancer (CoC), made the decision to delay the implementation of the revised Solid Tumor (MP/H) manual to January 1, 2018.