Human papillomavirus (HPV) infection is a prognostic factor for certain Head and Neck malignant tumors. SEER has collected data on the HPV status of patients with Head and Neck tumors, as defined by the following CS Collaborative Stage Data Collection System, version 02.05 schemas: Hypopharynx, Nasopharynx, Oropharynx, Pharyngeal Tonsil, Pharynx Other, Palate Soft, Tongue Base. Currently, data are available for patients diagnosed between 2013 and 2016 in SEER areas. The HPV status information received from SEER registries has been recoded in the following: 1) HPV Negative; 2) HPV Positive; 3) Unknown/NA.
The database is available in the survival, frequency, and case listing sessions in SEER*Stat for the November 2018 data submission.
How to Access the Head and Neck with HPV Status Database
In order to access the custom database, you must already have access to SEER research data through SEER*Stat in client-server mode.
- If you do not have access to SEER data in client-server mode, first request Access to the SEER data.
- If you already have access, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to the Head and Neck with HPV Status Database.
- Include your SEER*Stat username.
- Since access to the Head and Neck with HPV Status Database includes treatment data, a Data Use Agreement for SEER Radiation Therapy and Chemotherapy Information is required regardless of whether you intend to use treatment fields. If you have not already completed this DUA for the current submission, please complete and return it by email.
- Add a brief description of your project and research goals in the email, including the types of analyses or statistics you will use, including how you would use treatment data, if you intend to use it.
- Additionally, if you require access to the standard radiation/chemotherapy databases, please include this request in your email.