SEER developed specialized databases to support specific analyses and makes these datasets available in the SEER*Stat software through client-server mode. In order to access a specialized database, you must already have access to SEER research data. Refer to Accessing the SEER Data for more information.
- Incidence Data for Detailed Asian/Pacific Islander Groups (1990-2014)
- Census Tract-level SES Database (2000-2015)
- Delay Databases with Individual Registry Identifiers (1975-2016)
- Head and Neck with HPV Status Database (2013-2016)
- Months Since Last Birthday (Age in Months) Database (1975-2016)
- Oncotype DX (2004-2015)
- This database is only available to researchers inside the U.S. While it still only contains cases diagnosed through 2015, the November 2018 submission version of this database has follow-up through the end of 2016.
- Prostate with Watchful Waiting Database (2010-2016)
- Radiation/Chemotherapy Databases (1975-2016)
- SEER Linked Databases
- SEER-CAHPS flag in SEER*Stat - identifies SEER patients that responded to Medicare CAHPS surveys, as well as the number of surveys before and after diagnosis for fee-for-service and Medicare Advantage enrollees.
- SEER-MHOS flag in SEER*Stat - identifies SEER patients that responded to the MHOS surveys, as well as the number of surveys before and after diagnosis.
To request access to variables not included in the SEER research data or specialized databases listed above, contact email@example.com. Please include the following information with your request:
- Names of individuals who will need access to the data (including SEER*Stat usernames)
- Purpose and significance of the investigation
- Variables required beyond those in the freely-available research data
- Subset of cases needed (specifically: cancer type, data years, registries)
- Planned use of data (e.g. manuscript, poster, presentation)