Education and training programs are conducted at various SEER registries and in conjunction with the annual meetings of national professional organizations. These trainings focus on problem areas identified from the quality control studies and cover any changes introduced in data collection procedures.
Education and Training Opportunities
- Web-based Self Instructional Training Modules
- National Educational Conferences
- NCRA – National Cancer Registrars Association
- NAACCR – North American Association of Central Cancer Registries
- SEER Advanced Topics for Registry Professionals
- Regional Educational Conferences
- International Educational Outreach
The Cancer Registrars Training page provides links to SEER and other training resources.
SEER Advanced Topics for Registry Professionals
An annual event that provides advanced training in data collection and coding.
Collaborations and Committee Activities
- American Joint Committee on Cancer (AJCC)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) National Program of Cancer Registries (NPCR)
- American College of Surgeons (ACS) Commission on Cancer (CoC)
- International Association of Cancer Registries (IACR)
- North American Association of Central Cancer Registries, Inc. (NAACCR, Inc.)
- National Cancer Registrars Association (NCRA)